Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried to break in according to
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
but i never read the bottom with the oil changes and the first 20 mile change!!
so what i wanted to ask was how many people changed there oil 20 miles after the first ride?? I Broke the bike in hard first thing but i never saw that i should change the oil right away. I changed my oil first at 500 miles after hard break in rideing. Do i really have anythign to worry about as far as small metel chips imbedding in my gears and what not... will they ever flush out or are they in there forever? and forever robbinge of my clearences

·
Registered
498 Posts
I've heard many of those secret here secret there but in my opinion just stick with your service manual. I've gone 11k kilometers on my ZX-14 bike and followed my service manual. Not a single problem till now.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Kawboy here, Don't worry those chips are micro & most likely non exsistant. Just do what you are doing & change to a good synthetic at 3k.:topicsucks Shiny side up , Later (KAWBOY).

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
i feel bad for ure engine, not because of your oil change, but the motoman break in method. As for the bike 500 mile oil change was fine.

·
Registered
288 Posts
i changed mine within 30 miles and seen the flakes like he said. but back in the day 1982 or 83. me and my best homeboy would get a new bike and run the shit out of them. it wasn't until 1999 when i got my r6 that i looked at the owners manual. and that was because the sells dude told me to check the book for the break in period. so i think you'll be just fine.:crazyloco

1 - 5 of 5 Posts