Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
cheap whore
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my insurance on my 1996 zx9r today $40.34 a month from gieco. I'm on my way to get my class MP. Then ill be a ridding ass mofo. It'll be nice to be back on two wheels. Gonna reploish the frame and swingarm with a high speed buffer. Thinking of taking it back tobstock on the height and swingarm.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Take a rider safety course and your insurance will go down.Thats a lot to pay,but at least you got it.Mines with the farm bureau,its $116 every six months,full coverage.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Think mine is around $30 a month, but bundled with two other cars.

·
cheap whore
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's $40.34 down $35 a mo. I'm 28 with a wife with not so great driving history.

·
Registered
314 Posts
By Buddha, you guys are waaay expensive in the US ! :rant
I pay (yearly) $ 96.86, which is about $ 8 / month (even though I have a license plate valid only from 04/01 to 10/30), it's with "Allianz" in Germany (the country w/ no speed limits :nana)
Is there something wrong in this world or ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
You guys got it good.
I Have 9 years safe riding, Road star, Private insurance, 46% discount its 128$ a month.

Around here thats CHEAP compared to what some others pay..... I SAVED 1880$ this year with my discount if you can believe [email protected]!

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Haywire.. What rock are you from? Isn't little rock is it?

·
Registered
517 Posts
My insurance was about $130 a year for just liability. Now its about $330 a year. Wife wanted full coverage & burial. Sometimes I have to question her faith in me!

·
cheap whore
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's liability and uninsured motorist. If I went to full coverage with roadside assistance and $3000 in custom parts would be right at $1300 a year. I also don't have my class m just a class MP which prohibits interstate, night, rain, and passengers. Local dot does some motorcycle education courses. I also wanna do the msf course because its completion means you don't have to take the riding test at the DMV.

·
cheap whore
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just looked at mine the rain restriction isn't there. Its only for 18 and under. Never had one before. A friend of mine in school had it and had that restriction on his. Been getting some good seat time. Played with a triumph sprinter (?) 1050 the other day on the interstate for a few miles. Pulled up his top speed at summit racing in Georgia and said his top speed on that tank was 144.7mph chasing me down. Don't know how fast I was going I didn't look.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My zx9 is 1300$ a year on private/Icbc, with 10 years safe driving, road star*, full coverage, collision comprehensive, liability, declared value of bike, gear, and when I cancel my riding insurance, the bike is still covered for storage during winter, and its for 1 year.
I just thought you guys had it good, now I see your just not fully covered... :headscratch
I couldnt cheap out on insurance with the amount of distracted drivers that are out there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts