Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New ROTM Format!

** The new format will be an 11 month ROTM contest. Each monthly winner from January to November will be entered into a final poll in December for everyone to choose their favorite bike for the RIDE OF THE YEAR (ROTY). **

The winner of the ROTY will win a zxforums.com t-shirt with their member name/bike and ROTY Champion on the back.
Assuming product and vendor is still available - if not we will think of something else for a prize.

-All bikes entered must belong to a ZXFORUMS.com registered member.

-All competitors must have at least 50 posts to enter the competition. We want to ensure prizes and glory go to real members of our forum.

-You must post a picture/pictures that everyone can see. No links!

-We would like to have some info on the bike, including year, model, mods, maybe a little story about the you and the bike.

-If the bike has won a Ride of the Month contest during the current ROTY campaign then you cannot enter that bike again. If you've got a new bike done differently...alright, I'll allow it.

-The entry must be a Kawasaki.

Once the deadline has passed, I will copy the entrant's posts to the voting thread to make voting easier. Also they will be added to the ROTY Voting Thread.

As always, the voting will be done in a separate thread found HERE

GET YOUR BIKES IN - ENTER NOW

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Ok going try this one more time.
I bought this 99 zx-7r to replace my old 86 gpz600.
It runs great with no issues other than it needs tires.

The mods are carbs have been jetted
Float bowl mod
+4 degree ignition advancer
K&N air filter
M4 exhaust
Adjustable levers
Swing arm spools

I still have to put on the new chain and sprockets
and clean up and polish the new swing arm.

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Last time...we have to limit how many 14s can enter, we always compete with ourselves

This is my 2013 ZX-14R. My wife got her for me as a wedding gift (yes that mean's she's better than yours) so I bought her the 300 you see in the background afterwards.

Anyway, so far she has a few little things done to her :

Graves SlipOn Exhaust
Pazzo Short Levers
Puig Double Bubble Windscreen
Custom Rear Fender Eliminator
PCV (going for a flash this winter)
Cox Racing Radiator Guard
BMC Air Filter
Sliders

Doesn't have as many miles on her as I'd like but trying to change that

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woody's 1999 ZX-7R has been added to the poll!!!

mpskowski88's 2013 ZX-14R has been added to the poll!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
This is my ZX7RX - my project bike built in my garage over the winter of 2013/2014. It’s basically an 1997 Zx7R P2 chassis & wheels combined with 2007 ZX10R engine, full architecture & swing arm. It took a bit of head scratching and courage boosting until I chopped the first "old" engine mount off but the project soon took pace and - in fact - is still under development ;-). In the process bike lost considerable amount of weight - now showing 210kg fully fuelled (22L) with lot of further weight saving potential – there is not a single titanium bolt yet, foot pegs are standard and bodywork is original.

Modifications done:
1) new engine mounts designed by me, made & welded professionally
2) ZX10R '07 engine, full architecture & swing arm mounted
3) frame& fairings sprayed by me, decals custom made by motolepo.cz
4) rear wheel captive spacers developed by me to mate 7R wheel with 10R swing arm
5) carbon intake covers (not pictured)
6) dual headlight conversion (10R loom uses single headlight)
7) R&G swing arm bobbins
8) Yoshimura R22 stainless steel exhaust with custom made link pipe
9) fuel tank enlarged to 22L to accept 10R fuel pump

The plan is to invest into full Ohlins stuff – front and rear, BST carbon wheels, Brembo brake setup and Bazzaz fuelling+quickshifter+traction module to get the most of already nice riding bike to be a real pain in the **** for modern bread of machines ;-). Currently on my workbench there is a WP remote res. shock being refreshed.

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Technically all contestants need to have 50+ posts to be entered into the poll.
So Milos, please make a few posts between now and the 15th and I'd be happy to enter your very nice 7.

·
Presidenté of Whoring
21,426 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
tangosevern - your swing arm spacers are just freshly finished sitting in a box waiting to be shipped your way tomorrow ;-)

·
Administrator
58,439 Posts
Technically all contestants need to have 50+ posts to be entered into the poll.
So Milos, please make a few posts between now and the 15th and I'd be happy to enter your very nice 7.
Hey eray, you and milo can start talking to each other.:laugh3:

·
#1 BMW Traitor
6,376 Posts
Damn....that 7R/10R is bad ass and I'm really digging the future plans you have for it. Start a thread, I want to see it go together!

·
Registered
138 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.