Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
11,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's the first of the month and you all know what that means...
Time for another Ride of the Month Contest!!!

This thread is for entries.

Voting will be handled in the Official June ROTM Poll. (Click here for the Poll thread.)

The deadline for entries will be 11:59pm (eastern time) on the 15th of the month. Only 10 entries will be accepted as that is the maximum for the "polling options". It's first come, first served so get them in early. However, there are some rules.

-You must post a picture/pictures that everyone can see. No links!

-We would like to have some info on the bike, including year, model, mods, maybe a little story about you and your bike.

-If you have won a Ride of the Month contest in the last 12 months then you cannot enter that bike again. If you've got a new bike done differently...alright, I'll allow it.

-The entry must be a Kawasaki.

-You must own the bike at the time of entry.

Once the deadline has passed, I will copy the entrant's posts to the voting thread to make voting easier.

Good luck and let's see some of those rides!

·
Registered
164 Posts
June Entry

Hey guys. Crashed my 636 back in August and finally got her all fixxed up and figured I would try my luck with this months ROTM contest.

So here are the facts-----------------------------------------
Year: 2006
Model: ZX6R 636 SE
Eng size: 636cc
Pipes: Two Brothers V.A.L.E. Slip on
Seat: Stock
Wheels: Black Power Coat
Accessories: Two Brothers V.A.L.E Slip On
Smoked Double Bubble Windscreen
Flush Smoked Front Signals
Smoked Integrated Tail Light
LED Integrated Mirrors
Michelin Power Pilots 2CT
-------And the story-----------------------------------
Bought the bike in June of 2011. Had an extended swing arm, cheap red anodized pegs, and ugly stock rear fender. Quickly removed all of that making it pretty much bone stock. A month later bought her a nice new shiny Two Brothers slip on. Road her hard for about a month before I low sided and smashed her up breaking my arm in the process. 7 months later she is finally back together and looking sexy as ever.
Here are some pics--------------From Broken to Fixed--------------------

Enjoy and GL to the otheer entrees :smile

·
Registered
65 Posts

Year: 1992
Model: ZX7R
Engine: 1000cc Muzzy Big bore, Ti rods, fully race ported case/head, Falicon crank, Race transmission w/ bevel cut gears.
Pipe: Muzzy
Seat: OEM
Wheels: Performance machine Chicane rims
Accessories:
Attack racing front end
PM racing brakes
MRE lockup clutch
Tachyon clip on's
Attack clutch system
MRE air shifter system

This bike was purchased new @ Rosenau Powersports in Dearborn, Michigan and then with only 1k miles on it, was taken apart back in 1993. It was converted by the original owner to a 1000cc bigbore turbo dragbike and never finished. The bike sat in several garages in different states of completion until I bought it in 2009. Due to the early design of the turbo & fuel injection system I couldnt use it for much so removed the turbo/ injection system and converted it back to FCR carb street bike.

This bike was a dream of a great buddy of mine. He was a fearless racer/rider and great motorcycle race mechanic. He bought this project in pieces several yrs ago from the original owner with only 1k miles on the clock.
Unfortunately he became very ill shortly after with diabetes and could no longer ride so I stepped up and purchased both of his bikes with the hope of someday letting him see them finished and back on the road.

Well, the bike is now roadworthy and is 95% done. Sad thing is my buddy died last month so he'll never see it finished....Either way, I'm proud to own it and it will always bring me the best of memories when I'm riding it...

I hope you like how it turned out and good luck to all who enter this month!

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Gorgeous 7 bro!!

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
Reminds me of my old 92 7R less the big bore kit.............pretty bike, pretty bike!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well here goes, be easy as this was a cheap build and not perfect. PLEASE KNOW THAT I ONLY HAVE $1700 IN THIS BIKE INCLUDING THE BIKE ITSELF.

Bought this bike back in December of 2011 with the money i got from someone rearending my svt focus and putting a dent in it. Its a 95 ZX7 that had a yoshi pipe and a tinted windscreen when i bought it. I bought it for $1200 knowing it was wrecked several times and probably stunted. Heres a list of all that i replaced/done:
-Tires (race takeoff from Turbo, thanks)
-Brake pads(also cleaned the calipers out and bleed the whole system)
-Clutch/brake levers(also the rear brake lever)
-Rearsets replaced with used
-Replaced fork seals and dust seals(needed fresh oil as well)
-Gas tank
-Mirrors
-Replaced all the bolts to plastics
-Repaired the plastics and painted them(not a penny in it, 100% free)
-New spark plugs
Im probably forgeting somethings but thats the gist of it.

I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE ZIPTIES, BUT PLEASE DO NOT KNOCK ON ME FOR IT AS THE PLASTICS HAD BROKEN TABS AND DIDNT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT NOR DID I WANT TO REPLACE THE SIDE FAIRINGS.

This is the bike when i first got it

This is me doing some of the work to it

Heres how she sits today

The bolts you see in the last two pics have been replaced to the correct ones

Hope you enjoy my bike as i do and good luck to the other entries. (Especially that other 7 :D )

·
Registered
41 Posts
636 Ninja, brutal break on your arm! wicked nice rebuild on the 636 though
ttdolson, thats a wild looking machine.

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Back in 1991, I purchased a brand new ZX11 off the show room floor. It was a beast of a machine. Unfortunately a few years later, I had to sell her and have been off 2 wheels until last year.

I found another 91 ZX11 for sale locally and just could not pass her up.

Here she is as, as we arrived home:

While the Rose color felt a little 80's, I was happy with it. However, my wife kept telling me to sell it to a girl :angry

So I spoke with our friend Nico and here is what she looks like after he was done with the fairings:

Mods:
Full Vance and Hines SS2R
Mr Turbo oil bypass
Factory Pro Stage 1
K&N Air fileter
Steel braided lines
Zero Gravity windshield
Corbin Seat
Supersprox sprocket
ZZZ Chain

·
Registered
13 Posts
June ROTM Entry

Year:2007
Model:ZX-6R
Eng size:600cc
Pipes:Yoshimura RS5 Slip on
Seat:OEM
Wheels:OEM

Accessories:Yoshumura RS5 Slip On, Blacked out Puig double bubble windscreen, Mirror block offs, DDM Tuning HID Kit, D2Moto integrated tail light, relocated tail light to under tail, fender eliminator and license plate bracket w/LED light, smoked front turn signals, Servo buddy and jumper mod, Driven block off plates, K&N Filter, T-Rex racing frame sliders, relocated rear brake reservoir, red LED nose light, ZZR side stand, carbon fiber rear tire hugger.

And the story:This was my first street bike that I have ever owned. I've never ridden a motorcycle previously but have always wanted one since my dad and uncle had Suzuki Katanas when I was little. Finally decided to purchase one in April when I found one on craigslist and after looking at it in person, I could not pass it up. It was always garaged and only had 3800 Miles when I first got it and currently has 4250 miles. All maintenance and mods have been done by teaching myself and getting tips and advice from forums and friends that ride also. Now some pictures of my prized possession.

When I first picked it up:

How it sits now:

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
nice bikes already everyone. man looks like everyone wants in this month

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Nice paint scheme 636 CT... If it wasnt for the rain i was gonna bondo and black out my tail today. Was wondering what it would look like with the green up front and black bottoms and tail.

This month should fill up quick

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Nice entries this month. But I think Pauls got my vote :crazyloco

Scottie, that's a nice 7. I woulda never put that build at $500 man. Good job, good luck.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks nico, i never had a budget in mind, just started ordering parts and $500 happened to be the total. The plastic repair and paint supplies was free and that saved me alot. This is the first bike i ever bought that needed fixed let alone restored.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Thanks nico, i never had a budget in mind, just started ordering parts and $500 happened to be the total. The plastic repair and paint supplies was free and that saved me alot. This is the first bike i ever bought that needed fixed let alone restored.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Yeah the fact that the paint work was free saved you a lot of money, that shit ain't cheap. I do it for a living. But it def came out nice.

I'm also a HUUGE sucker for all black

·
11,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
636NINJA_CT, ttdolson, scottie.harris, pvc_zx11 and IslandGodz have all been added to the poll. It's filling up quick...still 5 more spots left.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
There is some really nice looking old "iron"on here this month . Very nice fellas, I love to see an interest in old bikes it's great to look back and see the progression through the years. That black zx11 reminds me of the 11 on the dealership floor that I worked at back in the day that made me fall in love with sport bikes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey hows everyone doing I go by compdrag thats the riding name I use with the Kitsap Ruff Ryders. I'm not new to the ZX6R just been on one forum and decided to start branching out.

I have an 07 zx6r that I just love it has gone through a lot of transformation since when I got it with only 1000 miles on it. I love to get out and ride. Well I'll let pictures do the talking from here, because I know that no post it truth without pictures.

This is where she was at when I bought her. All black and in much need of some riding time. She was very well kept just had to get sold because the guy was having a baby.

I liked the black but fell in love with these fenders, and had to get them.

Got and awesome deal on this exhaust and couldn't pass it up this was one of the many mods I started doing when I got her.

In march my parents introduced me to some Ruff Ryders and I started prospecting

And this is where she sits today. I have done fenders, k&n, rim tape, pro-grip grips, custom vinyl on the tank to tie in the fairings, painted the chain guard white, integrated smoked tail light, monster tank pad, jar shorties, and black passenger pegs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts