Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend and I are going up to the Castrol Raceway in Edmonton this evening to watch some street legal drag raceing. I've got 1200km on my zx 14 now and should have 1300 or so by the time we get to the track. The bike is getting another oil change before we leave because I know once I get to the track it's going to be hard not to make a couple of passes down the 1/4 mile. I'll log on in the morning and let you all know if I made a few passes and the results.:evil

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well it looks like I need alot more practice getting out of the hole. My 60 ft times were horrable. My best time was [email protected] 134 mph. I had a hard time riding the clutch so much but thats the onlt way to keep the front tire down.There was another guy there ,I think his last name was Thomas, he said he use to race against Gadson years ago. He was rideing a black 14 with a Brocks sidewinder by Hindle custom made . Only one other made so far. Besides being 100 lbs lighter than me the pipe was the only difference and his best time was [email protected] 144 mph. He said his first run he stalled so he really twisted on it the second run and that just pointed hin stright up. When he gets his bike to Mission B.C. it should run 154 [email protected] sea level the was it sits now. I can't wait to see what it runs once Kawi. gets him all the aftermarkets for it. As for my bike my wife figures its plenty fast the way it is,I figure she's wrong! P.S. As far as the overall performance of the bike so far its awesome! Like TheVak said its like it was built just for me. I have never ridden anything like it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks dude! A guy has to keep in mind that the air is pretty thin up here and I'm way out of practice. I'm sure the bike will run a low 10 stock. I don't want to do any mods. untill I get my launches down. A wheelie bar would sure help but thats kinda cheatin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts