Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pilot screw castings broke off of three of my OEM Keihin CVKD40 carburetors during a teardown for cleaning (don't ask). Since I have all of the associated needles/screws/jets/gaskets/diaphgragms, I only need to replace the aluminum bodies for those three carburetors. However, all I've been able to find from dealers/parts retailers are entirely assembled carbs at $476 each, or $1230 for the set of four! Does anybody have any suggestions where I can find just the bodies new or used, or whether the broken aluminum pieces could be welded back on? eBay didn't have much to offer either.

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
Hell thats a huge ask mate....... good luck with your search

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a set of carbs on eBay that look like mine, but the seller does not know their size. I cannot find anything on my carbs that indicates their size (40mm), so I don't know how to tell the seller how he can determine the size of his carbs. Keihin's website said to ask the vehicle manufacturer, but I doubt that someone from Kawasaki is going to take the time to research this, considering my bike is five years old and the carburetors are no longer manufactured. Does anyone know how to determine the size of a Keihin CVK carb?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Todd, if you're the Todd that emailed me about some 2000 model year carbs, I did some research and the carbs for the 2002 model year are different than those on prior model years. Let me know if you come across a set of stock carbs for a 2002 or 2003 ZX-9R. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts