Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of some ideas as to what could cause the problem I had the other night. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated! The motor was running great and everything was fine all day until I started if after it sat for a hour or two. I let it idle up to about 180 then turned the fan on to keep it at a good temp and to this point everything was fine it would rev smooth and run fine but after another 15 min of idle with the fan on I took off and it would only rev to maybe 6k and would start to sound like it was flooded out almost like the voltage was to low but the stator and regulator are fine. I stoped and was checking things out when I noticed a tic in the head like a valve was slapping the piston. So I shut it down and about a hour and a half later I wanted to show my buddy the problem and let him hear the tic. I start it up and it runs fine no tic revs all the way to limiter but water temp went up fast for the first time ever in a few minutes. I’m thinking the water pump went out and it got to hot and wouldn’t run because how fast the temp came up but other than that no idea. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Reading your post has me wondering on the History of the machine ?
Specifically the fact you turn your Rad Fan on and off rather than let the Fan Switch carry out the task, I suspect a cooling issue that has led to this Bodge which begs the question has the Motor suffered one or more over heating instances that are now causing you issues !
So how about some history for our edification ?
  1. How long have you owned her ?
  2. How many Miles ?
  3. What work if any has been carried out prior to this happening ?
  4. How did you exactly determine the Stator and Reg/Rect are fine ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts