Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my bike saturday and I literally have to stand on the rear brakes to get them to even slow me down. I know I don't want them locking up but is this all there is? if my front went out I would not be able to stop even at low speeds. I have riden about 50 miles in town using the rear brakes everytime trying to clean the rotors but it hasn't helped at all. by touch the rotors are clean and do not feel like there is any lube or glaze or anything like it on them.
thanks ,
robert

·
Registered
19 Posts
Rear

Actually mines where the same way, after a week I took it back to the dealer and told them 2 raise it some (they said ohhh it isnt much to work with, hoping I would say ooo nevermind, I told them well use what they can an raise it)...it has about 2-4 inches (actually more than I expected after there "not much" comment) of play so they can raise it. Now when I practice high speed emergency stops I had to get use 2 not giving 2 much pressure avoiding the lock up..but it is cool now..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks I will try it. the brakes shouldn't be glazed they had less than a mile when I tried them the first time. I think that if I really slam them they should lock up . I just wanted to make sure they didn't make it this way on purpose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts