Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i have an 08 zx6r that the temp readout is fluctuating too fast to be real. I do a lot if not most of my riding on the freeway which is where this happens. it will go from 198 degrees to 230 to 244 then blink HI and a second later back down to 200. im not getting any blow off from the overflow. i have a knn airfilter, a gp straight exhaust, and a power commander 5.

What ive tried: bled and burped system and verified water pump is working. Ive experimented with rpm level as well as what gear im in and strangly enough there seems to be no correlation to heat. seems fairly random. ideas?

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,875 Posts
Have you tested the temp sensor and the thermostat?

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Ive read a thread on another ZX6 site where they discovered a direct short in the gauge itself.

Reactions: 92Ninjas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i changed the water temp sensor, checked the thermo, flushed my radiator several times, filled it with water and waterwetter, burped it, and put my fan on a switch. the temp guage is still climbing and falling all over the place. i use the bike as my daily commuter and ive found it overheats a lot more on my way home in the afternoon then in the morning. it seems like evertime i roll on the throttle the temperature rises and it doesnt seem to matter how fast im going or what gear im in. also the fan doesnt seem to cool it down at all, even at a stand still. i think im going to buy a new radiator and see if thats it. my current one has qiite a few bent fins.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Are you sure the water pump is working? Sounds like your coolant is not moving. When you are revving it the pump spins faster and moves the coolant along.
Either that or your guage is not working properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts