Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi all,
as the title says, when the bike is cold (eg... stood overnight) it will not hold its idle, even with the choke on. if the throttle is left untouched the bike will just die then struggle to start again. Why wont it just stay on like any other normal bike?:banghead . i have to stand there and blip the throttle till its up to temperature (3rd bar on temp guage) whick is a bugger especially as i work nights and have a race can on but the neigbours can :thefinger . if i try to ride the bike when not up to temperature the bike will be very under-powered and will cut out when i come to a stop which is a neusance at lights..... again:banghead . the bike has always done this since my 2months of ownership, if i wanted to warm the bike up every 3 farts i would still own a RGV but i dont. When warmed up the bike runs and rides as it should and the choke cable works as i can see the pin move in/out of the carbies. On a 99' zx6r G2 btw:smile

Thanks in advance, Leigh

·
Registered
990 Posts
1st thing to do is to check the pilot/air screws are set the same (see manual) & also that the 'O' rings are there & not perished or broken.

Also check for air leaks.

If the above are okay the carbs may have blocked jets which will mean a strip & clean.

Have the carbs been set up for a race can i.e. rejetted. If not they may be running too lean - pull a plug or 2 to check

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bike has race can and needs re-jetting as it flames kinda bad :)... but was a buggery to start with standard can on... but will try what you have said and let you know, thanks very much,
Leigh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts