Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i am having some trouble with my 2006 zx-6r, i recently replaced the stator and battery on it. But the battery is still not getting a charge. I took a multimeter and tested the stator and i can confirm that it is working. I also took the battery up to advance auto parts today and the battery is good.

The only other thing i know to check would be the rectifier regulator, would that keep the stator from charging the battery? i really would like to avoid taking it into the shop if its at all possible but i am running out of options.

My 636 has no other electrical add-ons.

Thanks in advance for your help

· Registered
519 Posts
regulator controls how much juice goes to the battery and everything else. so yeah i could.

· Registered
519 Posts
No idea, check your users manual

· Registered
15 Posts
had the same thing happen to my 01 r6 last summer. changed the stator, installed a brand new battery. bike ran great for about 3 weeks, then one day on my way home from work coming up the northway, the gauge cluster started going all freaky on me, bike started to spit and spudder, then died. was stuck on the side of the northway for a few hours. got home and did some research, talked to my friend who is a mechanic at a local dealership, and low and behold, it was the rectifier regulator. changed it out with a new one that cost me about 85 bucks, bike ran flawlessly, and battery was charging fine. change yours and im sure your problem will be fixxed.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
had the same thing happen to my 01 r6 last summer. changed the stator, installed a brand new battery. bike ran great for about 3 weeks, then one day on my way home from work coming up the northway, the gauge cluster started going all freaky on me, bike started to spit and spudder, then died. was stuck on the side of the northway for a few hours. got home and did some research, talked to my friend who is a mechanic at a local dealership, and low and behold, it was the rectifier regulator. changed it out with a new one that cost me about 85 bucks, bike ran flawlessly, and battery was charging fine. change yours and im sure your problem will be fixxed.
That story makes me feel alot better. Because thats exactly whats happening with mine. I just ordered a new rectifier regulator so hopefully that fixes it

· Registered
426 Posts
if you have a powercomander that could be your wire on the negative

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no powercommander.

well it died again. I went for a ride today, let it sit, then went to class, after class it didnt start. After i push started it the gauges came on and turn signals worked, but the headlight didnt come on.

Any ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.