Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,274 Posts
Welcome to the club. This was my ride this year at Barber Vintage Festival. 20-mile round trip each day plus lapping the perimeter road and pit lanes.

Caught this on some blogger's video;

That's my buddy's '76 KZ 1000 I resurrected last year. Everyone wanted to buy it.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,798 Posts
Welcome to the club. This was my ride this year at Barber Vintage Festival. 20-mile round trip each day plus lapping the perimeter road and pit lanes.

That's my buddy's '76 KZ 1000 I resurrected last year. Everyone wanted to buy it.
All these vintage bikes are badass. But, I especially love the kz 1000

Edit: I love the h1 and h2 triples as well.

Reactions: slim1100

·
Premium Member
13,274 Posts
Here you go. I'm looking for a Mk II myself

It was humbling and enlightening for a throttle junkie like myself to ride around on a tiny 100cc tiddler all weekend.

·
Administrator
58,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

What year is yours?
My friend sent me a pic of the vin but i can't read it
He says 1977 but mine has the mono shock. I don't think they had the mono shock in the states until 1978.
No big deal just interesting stuff.
I'll see it tomorrow
I'll try and find a pic of my H1. I used to haul it up to the drag strip in wisconsin. It sure opened some eyes watching a 2 stroke scream down the track lol

·
Premium Member
13,274 Posts
What year is yours?
My friend sent me a pic of the vin but i can't read it
He says 1977 but mine has the mono shock. I don't think they had the mono shock in the states until 1978.
No big deal just interesting stuff.
I'll see it tomorrow
I'll try and find a pic of my H1. I used to haul it up to the drag strip in wisconsin. It sure opened some eyes watching a 2 stroke scream down the track lol
The DT 100 an '83 with 400+ original miles. It obviously sat in someone's garage for many years, unused and neglected. It ran, but now well, when I got it. Clean tank, new petcock and rebuilt carb. Still has some fueling issues. Parts were missing in the carb. Owner tried to clean it himself and left stuff out.
Wish I had kept my '69 H1 (along with a slew of other bikes, trucks and cars). My buddy turned down 13 grand for his stone-stocker.

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
Love the KZ1000..

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
I rounded cattle up with one of those for some years... can confirm the front end can be twisted, also can be operated with a flat rear

·
Premium Member
13,274 Posts
Mine came w/o rear blinkers, so I bought a pair that looked reasonably the same. When I got them on and wired, they would barely glow until I remembered I need to check bulb voltage. Sure enough, the seller, who claimed the blinkers "would fit" the little DT had included 12v bulbs. The Yam (and most of it's brothers) has a 6v system. I got some bulbs at the auto parts store and now they work fine.

·
Administrator
58,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've always been known to clean my rides since high school before I do anything else
This was no exception
Nice to work on clean stuff
If you think keeping your new ride in shape is expensive, try to restore something that's 43 years old.
And then deal with the mice lol

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Motor vehicle Product Automotive lighting Hood Pink

·
Premium Member
13,274 Posts
American Restoration (Rick's) restored a Montesa for Greg Biffle that had been stored in a barn. Motor was locked up, so they thought. When they took it apart, the exhaust pipe was full of nutshells. Popped the head and there were shells on top the piston, which prevented it from turning. They blamed it on squirrels but more likely it was mice, which can get in anywhere there's a small hole or gap.

I once helped a friend move an old refrigerator which had been in the same spot for years. As we tilted it up onto the handcart, we discovered a flattened dead mouse, which looked like the fridge had been dropped on it. Little rubber-boned bastard had crawled underneath and got stuck.

·
Premium Member
13,274 Posts
Got a pair of left-right Yamaha mirrors if you want 'em. Supplier said they would fit 1983 DT 100 but the 100 has 8mm threads (left and rigfht) and the bigger Yams are 10mm. Seller said they'd refund my $ with no need for a return, so I'll pass the freebishness on. You pay shipping.

·
Administrator
58,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got a pair of left-right Yamaha mirrors if you want 'em. Supplier said they would fit 1983 DT 100 but the 100 has 8mm threads (left and rigfht) and the bigger Yams are 10mm. Seller said they'd refund my $ with no need for a return, so I'll pass the freebishness on. You pay shipping.
Like these?

·
Administrator
58,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nothing too exciting yet
Parts on order and stating to come in
Doing some clean up and painting
How the heck do you get an entire carb for $18?
It's cheaper than the rebuild kit. I'm sure it came from china but they are all over amazon and ebay
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank
Wood Gas Engineering Machine Auto part

1 - 20 of 25 Posts