Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I’m thinking about adding a NoS kit to my bike. Normally the input of Nos into a carburated bike is through the air box and this is where I’m unsure what to do The problem being my bike is a streetfighter with a Harris frame which only has room for pods or trumpets Am I going to need to make up an air mainifold/micro airbox or am I missing an easier route. Thank you to anyone who replies. Jim

·
Registered
80 Posts
What engine as you didn’t specify? Also, I’ve not seen nitrous plumbed into an airbox on any carbed bike that I’ve seen with it. Modern FI bikes plumb the NO2 into the airbox as they can compensate the extra fuel needed by re-mapping. Usually, carb’d bikes have a manifold between the carbs and head to mount the nitrous AND fuel nozzles.

Later, Doug

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What engine as you didn’t specify? Also, I’ve not seen nitrous plumbed into an airbox on any carbed bike that I’ve seen with it. Modern FI bikes plumb the NO2 into the airbox as they can compensate the extra fuel needed by re-mapping. Usually, carb’d bikes have a manifold between the carbs and head to mount the nitrous AND fuel nozzles.

Later, Doug
It’s 600 unit. Like I say I’ve no airbox for that option and was unsure of how else to do it. I’m in two minds atm. I have a 900 unit which will mean a lot of riding time waisted spent fitting it (just as the weather is warming up in UK lol) or quick fix for the 600 unit with NoS. Either was I’d still like to know as if I fit the 900 unit then a few months on I will be asking the same for that lol

·
Registered
80,81 GS750L, 81 XS1100, 85 FJ1100, 96 GPZ11 (1200 EFI PROJECT), 03 VT11, 06 VT600, 12 ZX14R, 67 C20
127 Posts
Add a spacer between the head and carbs, run individual nos and fuel jets for each cylinder. Most reliable/controllable way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts