Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there is a company that makes sliders for 05 ZX-6R without modification.... Cutting,drilling ect...
TIA

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have heard stories about the nu cut frame sliders, that with the angle or groove, they bend on impact. Anyone know anything about this???

·
Registered
151 Posts
i heared about that as well, and it's one of those things where is def is a possibility because the weight is technicaly on the bracket that keeps you from having to cut into the plastics. in my eyes don't really matter depending how fast your goin and what your hitting frame sliders aren't doin much

·
Registered
114 Posts
Would you rather bend a $70 frame slider or do $500 worth of damage (or more) to your fairings and rearset, etc...? Take your pick!! Seriously - they are insurance not performance or stunt devices... ;-) They will handle a parking lot mishap or a slow lowside, but never take the imapct of a full crash......

·
Registered
330 Posts
Would you rather bend a $70 frame slider or do $500 worth of damage (or more) to your fairings and rearset, etc...? Take your pick!! Seriously - they are insurance not performance or stunt devices... ;-) They will handle a parking lot mishap or a slow lowside, but never take the imapct of a full crash......
I agree :crazyloco These things, cut or no cut, are a good investment but only for stand still tip overs or very low speed slides. Makes sense that the "cut" versions will hold up better on a left side spill but I'm not really into cutting my plastics so just went no-cut. I hope I never have to find out that they're junk ???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went with the OES Sliders. Got them off E-Bay for $67 with rear spools!:crazyloco They got to my house in 2 days.... I will take some pics when they're installed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts