Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front brake lever as absolute 0 pressure. I've tried to bleed them but wondering if there is a special tool you need to bleed the brake system..? I tried the MityVac but never have luck with that thing.

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
MightyVacs are good as long as you can keep a good seal on the bleeder. If not they get a lot of air into it.

You can pick up a set of speed bleeders for your bike which from what I hear make the job CAKE. Or you can just do it the old fashioned way.

If you get speed bleeders you just have to replace your stock bleeder screws with them. Either drian the brake fluid or work fast as to now get brake fluid all over your pads/rotors/paint. Then put a clear hose on it, run it to a container to catch the fluid in, top off your reservoir, crack the bleeder open and start pumping the brakes. They have a check valve in them to keep air from sucking back into the system.

Have you checked and made sure everything else in your braking system is in good condition? K-Dub on here has a 05 6R and I believe she just had to have her master cylinder replaced.

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
Fixed it?

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
Good deal. Let us know how it goes when you get the parts in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do. Just another FYI, Advanced Auto just added a badass Powerbuilt vacuum/pressure pump to their loan a tool program. Works real nice.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
sometimes you have to bleed the master cylinder first. pump the lever and break the line loose at the mc. make sure you cover everything. after the air is out there should be no problem bleeding the rest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts