Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow RiderZ,

Today I noticed that my instrument cluster has no back light anymore. All the other lights work. I took apart the gauge and looked at the tiny little light bulbs, and they look fine. I checked the fuses under the seat and they're all good.

Any idea's? I might change the bulbs just in case, anyone know the size of those small bulbs?

One other thing; the small middle light on my headlight also doesn't work when the bike is on, but works when its in the park key position. Would that be related to the cluster back light not working?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The switch could be dirty. Try cleaning it with some electronics cleaner.
I am a noob, so bear with me :rolleyes.

Would it be the connecter piece that goes under the gas tank, or is it the actual piece where you put the key in?

·
Registered
602 Posts
It would be where you put the key in. The contacts might be dirty. Before I sprayed anything in there though, I would back prob the connecter to see if there is voltage.

The wire for the back light should be red/blue which goes to a connecter before the ignition switch then changed to a blue wire at the ignition switch. The white wire on the ignition switch provides power to the bl wire then there is a connecter after the ignition switch where the bl wire switches to the r/bl wire.

If you have power at the ignition switch on the blue wire with the key in the run position then you switch should be fine and it is something further down the line.

Lastly, a fuse can look good and it actually be bad. Get a digital volt meter and check it for resistance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
***Update***

Everything is all good. The Taillight fuse wasn't giving any resistance readings at all, so I replaced it and WHAM-OH!

Thanks cive for your help :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
***Update***

Everything is all good. The Taillight fuse wasn't giving any resistance readings at all, so I replaced it and WHAM-OH!

Thanks cive for your help :)

You are welcome. Thanks for the update, it's nice to hear how people fix their stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts