Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's almost ready for production and will have several muffler options.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have they figured out price yet?
Not yet but if I know Vandemon it'll be considerably more affordable than anything Akropovic puts out. lol

Here is a pic of one of their prototype muffler options. Looks trick as all hell.

·
6,618 Posts
Any timing defined yet? I trial fit an OEM 2015 ZX10R header with an Akra mid and can on mine today. It fit quite well, but a couple minor things to sort. It would be nice to do some comparisons.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any timing defined yet? I trial fit an OEM 2015 ZX10R header with an Akra mid and can on mine today. It fit quite well, but a couple minor things to sort. It would be nice to do some comparisons.
I spoke to the Managing Director and he said it's very close to production. They are ironing out some final clearance issues but it's pretty much ready. It will definitely be worth the wait.

I'll post pics of the prototype headers (blued) later.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,252 Posts
This guy may be interested as well, not a problem being the 2nd

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know it'll be a new product but I can probably arrange a 'group buy' if we can get 1 or 2 more commitments.

I'll post more details to this thread as they become available.

·
6,618 Posts
DD, are you also interested in a flash from vcyclenut? If we get enough people I know we can get him to do it. His flash costs $250 and he gets rid out the on-off throttle hesitation crap.

·
6,618 Posts
@Turbo329, most people seem to be bitching about the monster muffler you show on here. I agree, this this is just too much. Will this be the only option?

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@Turbo329, most people seem to be bitching about the monster muffler you show on here. I agree, this this is just too much. Will this be the only option?
When I get all of the muffler options I'll get back to you.

·
6,618 Posts
I just saw a post from another forum where they showed what was supposedly an H2 SX header in a box with packing material. Looks like they are getting quite close.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Prototype headers after some testing.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So regarding the muffler options...

I spoke with Vandemon today and they've done a lot of testing.

A shorty option makes the exhaust very loud and it actually will allow heat from the system to hit the bags.

The longer muffler is a semi high mount and it keeps the noise down. They've also designed it in a way to speed up the exit of the exhaust gases so it shoots past the bags and doesn't linger once it leaves the muffler outlet.

They are open to the idea of offering a shorter version for the performance minded in the future but for the initial launch, the longer high mount muffler will be developed first and released.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,252 Posts
That makes sense. Them bags are pricy to be melting

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That makes sense. Them bags are pricy to be melting
Agreed. Making a muffler is easy. The hard part is header diameter, maximizing hp and torque and eliminating clearance issues with the engine, radiator, and surrounding bodywork.

Vandemon took an entire year before releasing their H2 exhaust. As we all know it was definitely worth the wait. I think this kit will also be world class. I can't wait to get the first US batch in stock.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What is the latest? I am hearing others are already getting pricing.
Headers are ready and the muffler options are in the final stages. Vandemon will be offering a carbon tipped muffler option in addition to the full Ti.

Ignore anything you hear about pricing until I release the official info.

·
6,618 Posts
Exactly what I told others. I did not hear the specifics, only an amount off, whatever that means. Thanks for the help!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts