Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started working on a 1999 Ninja 250 Cafe Racer Project. Using the Blue Collar Bobber "Cafe Racer" kit. Installed a clutch basket and prepping for 500F paint. After I have the engine ready, will modify the frame for the seat & cowling.

Here's the project, so far:

Combination of original Ninja headers with Blue Collar mufflers ceramic coated:

Took the carburetor apart, cleaned, & installed new floats & needle valves:

Blue Collar Instrument Cluster:

·
Premium Member
6,405 Posts
This is a very cool project so far. I'm looking forward to the rest of the build. Please keep posting pictures of the progress.

·
Premium Member
6,405 Posts
You got me looking at these yesterday and now I'm considering building one with/for my daughter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You got me looking at these yesterday and now I'm considering building one with/for my daughter.
Thanks,

Yep, this one is for my Wife. She is 5'2" and making sure she can get her feet on the ground comfortably.

Can't work on the project right now due to surgery, but will be back on the project as soon as I am able.

Will check/adjust the valves next. After that will set up the frame for Cafe seat pan and check/adjust seat height for my Wife before cleaning & painting frame.

These engines run cold in the winter so running a Thermo-Bob thermostat/warm up circuit. Will remove the original thermostat housing and replace with a coupling with 1/8"NPT OEM temp sending unit installed. OEM thermostat parts removed in OEM thermostat housing in this photo with Thermo-Bob to make the Thermo-Bob setup work properly:

Thermo-Bob left of the OEM thermostat housing:

Coupling replacing OEM thermostat housing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts