Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i guess im next so hello an great forum
i just bought a 98 zx 11 an was wondering are there any issues with the bike i should know about . ive been reading an see a few things i dont like .i heard they had a problem with the oil pick up which had to be modified .i also see running at high speed isnt good either .but any info about the bike would be help full p.s i will post pic's of my bike later thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome Cajunrage. I've got an '01 that I got right off the showroom floor in '01 of course. I've put over 73K miles on her and she runs like new. Your '98 should be of the vintage where them problems aren't really an issue.

How you take care of and ride the bike is also a factor however. Follow all your maintenance from the owners manual, and don't thrash your baby. I've done plenty of canyon jams, open road blasts, etc. But I also use nothing but Motul 300-V full synthetic oil for her (nothing's too good for my baby!!).

When I got my bike I read about those same things too. It's all been good and I haven't had any of them problems like a few other riders have.

Ride well and welcome to the site!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts