Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Wow! That's cool...you added 12R forks and a 7R swingarm to your ZX-11??? That is ooh soo cool! Any chance you can post up pics, if you took them, of the install on both ends? I would be very interested in seeing them if you have them.

Did all ZX-11's come with a mounted center stand, like in your pic?

Nice lookin bike by the way! It's good to see Kawi gettin back to the integrated blinkers again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had the 11 since new (1999) and it has just over 50,000 miles on the clock. Adding the ZX12R forks and brakes and ZX7R swingarm has made the ZX11 a much better handleing bike. It holds a line like I could only dream of with stock set up. Now I have to be aware of front end lift when comming out of hard corners or whenever I grab a handful of throttle. The smileage factor is now even better then before.
I have a post on www.bigbikeworld.com that gives step by step on front forks and the rear swing arm was a bolt on except the ride height was a little high so I drilled another hole to the end of dog bones and it's now perfict. PM me for close-up pictures of ZX12R fork install.
My next project is going back to ZX6R (636) wheels.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Great lookin' bike Ninja0522......Damn, just over 50K on the odometer did you say? Your one good owner, see you've been taken' care of her good.....Keep up the good work!!!

Oh and almost forgot, :welcome to ZXForums ZZRFast1100, enjoy the stay!!! How about some pix of your beast?????

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
zzrfast1100 said:
nice bike ninja,the wheels from a zzr1200?Any idea if the wheels would slot straight into a zzr1100 D7.
Yes, ZZ-R1200 wheels are a bolt-on on any ZX-11/ZZ-R1100 D model (not C model though).

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
beansbaxter said:
...Did all ZX-11's come with a mounted center stand, like in your pic?...
Yes, all ZX-11 were fitted with an OEM centerstand. About 20 lbs but extremely useful feature...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yes, they are same and bolted right up. The only differance is that the rear ZZR1200 sprocket is 44 tooth and ZX11 is 45 tooth.
I am now going to a 98/99 ZX9r rear wheel (zzr1200 wheel will be for sale)and ZX6/9R front wheel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
very nice ! i can't stop looking at it,i had a 92 for 5 years and 35 k,i have a 12 now (great brakes) and the thougtht of a 11 with 12 brakes and that short arm,is making me very jealous,great job !

now i want another 11

1 - 14 of 14 Posts