Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought a 97 zx11, two questions..

BTW Nice forum!!!

#1 It came with a new 4 into 1 supertrapp stainless sytem in the box, Is this a decent system? And what about rejet, is there a installation on this pipe that I wouldn't have to rejet? And if I must were is the best source/kit...

#2 The bike is Amethyst Red, Am I the only one who refers to this as purple? I really don't care for the color. Is this the color not to have? Not sure I can deal, what are your opinions of the color.

BTW again, I had a Katana 750 before, and Liked it. I have had 4 or 5 other bikes.... All I can say is wow, I really like this bike. It is the best of all worlds it seems, any newbie hints would be great, I will do numerous searches.

·
Registered
649 Posts
For a full exhaust swap you will have to rejet the bike. I would look at Dynojet to see if they have a kit. Post some pix so we can see this "Amethyst Red" color you speak of. I don't think there is a color not to have unless you don't like it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have that Amethyst Red on my '99 Concours and I get all sorts of compliments on it. Yeah, it's "purple", sort of, more of a purplish burgundy. I get my balls busted when I ride it to work...they call it "Purple Rain", lol...but they all really do like the color, you know, it's just something to bust balls about. I guess it's just a matter of opinion though I get far, far more "yays" than "nays" with it. At least it's a lot better than that dark, dreary Hunter Puke Green...yuk!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hi, I just bought a 97 zx11, two questions..

BTW Nice forum!!!

#1 It came with a new 4 into 1 supertrapp stainless sytem in the box, Is this a decent system? And what about rejet, is there a installation on this pipe that I wouldn't have to rejet? And if I must were is the best source/kit...

#2 The bike is Amethyst Red, Am I the only one who refers to this as purple? I really don't care for the color. Is this the color not to have? Not sure I can deal, what are your opinions of the color.

BTW again, I had a Katana 750 before, and Liked it. I have had 4 or 5 other bikes.... All I can say is wow, I really like this bike. It is the best of all worlds it seems, any newbie hints would be great, I will do numerous searches.
Supertrapp/Kerker is good stuff so I would use it, my 11 runs lean by nature so I"ll bet yours does to, pick up a K&N Element and a stage1 or factory pro jet kit for your machine. Sometimes you get lucky with jetting sometimes you don't. But if you buy a kit you will have 4 slots on your needles Be sure to start in the middle and leave your carbs on the bank.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Welcome Sharker98

In reply to your Q's

#1 Supertrapp have 'tuneable' mufflers, so you should be able to set them up to suit the current state of tune. More info http://www.supertrapp.com/

#2 Colours are a personal thing, regardless of fashion. If you don't like purple you have a good excuse to do a snazzy paint job to suit yourself. Saying that I like purple on bikes or cars but I never much followed trends myself.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
To be honest, Supertrapp is about the worst system I read about for quality of built and as an overall product (most call it "Supercrap"). The "tunability" feature seem to be "on" or "off" with a way-too-loud-and-not-much-more-power or a too-quiet-and-too-restrictive option . I never got one in my hand but that's the general concensus on our ZX11 dedicated forum. Sorry...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had a kerker for a while..good pipe..rude snarl at higher revs..designed for top end performance...switched over to a titanium muzzy..very good flow and lots of grunt on the bottem end...I aggree with claude on the super crapp

·
Registered
449 Posts
I had a kerker for a while..good pipe..rude snarl at higher revs..designed for top end performance...switched over to a titanium muzzy..very good flow and lots of grunt on the bottem end...I aggree with claude on the super crapp
I used to run Kerkers on my GPz 550's and it would shoot flames when shifting and crackle like a MUG on the downshift. man...that brings me back dude.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts