Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
watup guys. im new here and new to the sportbike world. i just got my m1 recently after taking the basic rider course and im looking to buy a 600cc bike. after comparing all the different 600 class bikes, im sold on the 03-06 zx636 bikes, preferrably in a bright azz lime green or orange! those colors seem to be hard to find in 03-06 zx6rs around here in so*cal tho. my budget is 4000, no more. so i'm looking to go with an 03-04 or a salvaged 05-06. and of course i'm looking for a "great deal".

so i found a couple online recently that really caught my attention and i wanted to know if it would be a good deal. theyre both local.

first one is a clean title 06 with about 5000mi on it. the bike has been down, but he says the frame and forks are straight. however there is fairing damage and he also says he's missing the front and rear fairings. he also says its missing the right foot peg and rear brake pedal, which is wierd cuz i swear i see it in the pictures, or at least what looks like them. hes askin for 3200 which i think is a steal, which also worries me because i dont wanna buy the bike and then find a slew of other mechanical problems a week or two later... here are the pics he sent me so far, what do u think?

next we have a clean title 03 zx6r with 13xxx miles and a bunch of fairing damage. but it comes with a bunch of upgrades too. he's asking for 3500. here's what he says he has:
YOSHIMURA TRS CARBON SLIPON W/ HEAT RAP
HEADER HEAT TREATED
K&N DROP IN
FULLY ADJUSTABLE REARSETS
HID HEADLIGHTS LOW/HIGH
FRAME SLIDERS
NEW IGNITION SWITCH AND KEYS
RENTHAL RACE GRIPS
MICHELIN PILOT POWER F 90% R 80%
COWL COVER AND REAR SEAT

and here are some of the pics he sent me:

any ideas/thoughts/comments on whether i should pick one of these bikes up or how much i should pay? if i did get either of the bikes, how hard is it to find replacement fairings for the zx6r and is it pretty easy to replace the fairings? me mechanical "expertise" is limited to the use of wrenches and drivers, but nothing beyond that :headscratch

thanks in advance for the help folks! and sorry for the looooong newb post.

·
Registered
488 Posts
go with the 03 try to haggle with the guy maybe drop a few bills so u can fix thedamage body work. oh yeah and welcome to the zx world

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's difficult to say without seeing them in the flesh but that 03 would worry me from the pictures. There's far too much damage in too many places for my liking. Look at the tank and rear end - that bike has got damage right side front fairing and tank but left side rear end and even the screen is scratched heavily up top. It's bounced off several things or something - possibly rolled over as opposed to simply slid down the road. The top yoke looks grubby, left bar is damaged etc. As for the extras - what's left of them? The bottom 2 pictures obviously show the bike pre crash so the Yoshi and rear sets may not be in such good shape now. New ignition and keys - why? Stolen recovered? Unless I could see it / ride it and was totally convinced I personally wouldn't.

The pictures of the 06 look far more 'honest' IMO even if the footpeg situation doesn't match up. If you are in any way unsure I'd steer clear and wait for something else to come along. I know how tough it can be when you really want something but it'd be a shame if you ended up with a bag of nails

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. i think im leaning towards the '06 if the guy still has it... he's now saying the bike is pretty much stripped and i'll need a new rear tire (its flat), front brake lever, and right rear set to actually be able to ride the bike. i'm hopefully gonna go check it out this weekend and if i like what i see, i hope to haul it home early next week :mfclap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts