Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its almost summer time (well not really), but I have this new type of radiator fluid called Engine Ice, which I wish to use soon. Now I know my car well enough to do most things to it, but cant seem to find the radiator drain plug on my 2006 ZX14.

So I ask, is there a coolant drain plug on this bike at all and if there is where is it exactly? or do I need to remove the lowest mounted radiator hose in the system and radiator cap to drain it?

any data or feed back on doing a radiator coolant system change out would be Hot...

Ted

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Ted,... I recently had to drain the coolant from my zx-14 to change the exhaust system. I had to buy a service manual from the dealer to figure it out. The drain bolt for the cooling system is on left side of the bike (clutch lever side).If you follow the rad hose from the radiator to the the engine block housing (its the piece that the rad hose is attached to),the drain bolt is the 10mm bolt in the middle of the 3 bolts that are visible to you . Make sure that you have a container real handy as there may not be lots of fluid ,but it sure came out of that hole very quickly on my bike. I hope this helps you out. Consider getting a service manual from kawasaki,its the best money you`ll probably ever spend on your bike.
Ed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered in the Bible (service manual) and will do the fluid change this week end perhaps. The bible is a great book, all zx14 owners should read its commandments......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts