Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ya'll 馃榿 i'm new to this forum. I've had a bunch of bikes before, mostly rat chop builds, but never worked on a ninja or and streetbike, so i'm nervous and excited to get her runnin lol.
So, the frontend is currently the streetfighter style i think. Im assuming its factory. I love the look of the bike online with the front ferring. Is it easy to switch over?

Registered
Can you post a photo of the bike and photo of the one you want it to look like. It will help out. And welcome to the forum hopefully someone will be able to help out.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Can you post a photo of the bike and photo of the one you want it to look like. It will help out. And welcome to the forum hopefully someone will be able to help out.
Thanks honda 馃榿 yeah, first pic is the one i currently have and the second is what i see when searching.

Attachments

Registered
Oh, damn, what a mess. Probably more effort/money to convert it back than it'll be worth. Those aren't the original bars, you'd want a new tank, unless you wanna cheap out with eBay fairings, you'd need to find an OE set (which aren't cheap or easy to find). Probably best to find something else.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, damn, what a mess. Probably more effort/money to convert it back than it'll be worth. Those aren't the original bars, you'd want a new tank, unless you wanna cheap out with eBay fairings, you'd need to find an OE set (which aren't cheap or easy to find). Probably best to find something else.
Perciate the response blaze 馃榿 yeah a friend just looked it over and told me it was built for track :/ not sure exactly what that means lol but he did show me how theres no turn signals or anything on the bike, so I'm guessing it will take some work to make it 'street legal'. I might just get it runnin good and sell it and get something else.

Registered
You might regret that.
The zx7r is a nice machine. I would throw some stock clip ons on it, for cheap, find some beat up or aftermarket fairings and build what you have.
I have found whole sets on offer up for 100 bucks. A little bondo and some sanding and that tank will be fine.
The bike was not set up for track. It was set up as a cafe racer/streetfighter.
Its easy to undo all that crap and get it back to looking good.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mace 馃榿 thats encouraging to hear. I'd rather keep her to be honest, i've always wanted a ninja esp. A 750 ninja lol... Sounds like a plan to me 馃槑馃榿

Registered
Let me know if you need any help, I am fairly familiar with the zx7r

1 - 9 of 9 Posts