Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning Lads,

Got my first bike on Saturday, 97 zx750p. Was told it did have problems, but seeing as I ain’t even got my license for the road yet sorting a few issues out while waiting was not a bother to me. Started early Sunday pottering about on it and straight away after removing the fuel tank the connecting fuel pipe just fell apart. Whilst changing this I noticed the fuel tap was not the correct one for the bike, as when I fitted some new fuel pipe this pipe was running right across the nearest foot on the tank to it. When I moved it out the way to clear the foot the pipe kinked. So first thing getting ordered is the correct fuel tap. Cracked on any way by wedging up the tank enough so fuel pipe was free from anything, fitted the new battery and turned the key, got oil and N lights on dash and then after a few goes at turning it over she fired up ?

Now the fun starts, after letting it idle for 5 min and a few gentle revs I turned it off, and went inside the house to inform the Wife off my monumental achievement, to which she replied, Oh let’s have a listen then !! Went back into garage to show her, turned The key and got absolutely nothing at all, no lights on dash nothing. Any help or advice is appreciated lads as I’ve been messing on now for 3 days now and just can’t seem to figure out what’s going on with the bike

Cheers James

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
First I would check the main wiring harness plug under the tank and airbox. The plug from the ignition to the main harness. Likely damaged or melted. Likely the brown or white wire will be the issue.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Has happened to me twice. Once the plug melted (dealer service error) and once just corroded. Crappy connector. Clean it up good and protect it with dielectric grease.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts