Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys/Girls.

I'm new to the forums and motorcycles.

I've read up a lot, and after I obtained some extra income, I bought my first bike...An '05 ZX6 a.k.a The Silver Surfer.

I just wanted to know what are some of the things I should replace from the beginning. I installed new tires, performed an oil change, new mirrors, DB Windscreen and de-gay-ass-random-stickered it.

It's also reading Code 63, but after some research, that'll be fixed in the morning. The other problem I have is that when it idles at a light or stop sign, she cuts off upon gassin' off. Any Help?

SN: Looking for:

Black Rearsets.
Custom Paint.
A Bike crew in Central Florida. (Sebring)

Any help would be GREAT! Thanks.

·
11,782 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Code 63 is the exhaust servo...get an eliminator for it or build a fix for it. As for the stalling, what are you idling at, is the 63 the only code you're throwing and how does it run otherwise?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 63 comes from the 2Bros exhaust but I checked and it already has a Muzzy piece installed. I have it idling at 1300-1350 like the manual says, but I think it has something to do with the PCIII on it. It doesn't appear to be running...AT ALL...EVER, and I don't know how to remap it.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
My bike would also die at stop lights. On the left side of the bike there is a cable down by the drain tubes. Idle the bike up just a little bit and it should take care of it. When I had my plastic and tank off you can see the cam. My adjuster was just off that cam ever so much and it would die. If you can't find the cable PM me and I will take a picture. Gook luck.

·
Registered
602 Posts
My bike would also die at stop lights. On the left side of the bike there is a cable down by the drain tubes. Idle the bike up just a little bit and it should take care of it. When I had my plastic and tank off you can see the cam. My adjuster was just off that cam ever so much and it would die. If you can't find the cable PM me and I will take a picture. Gook luck.
He said it idles fine in spec. Just giving it throttle from a take off cuts the engine out. I would disconnect the PC3 and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
He said it idles fine in spec. Just giving it throttle from a take off cuts the engine out. I would disconnect the PC3 and see what happens.
It will idle in spec but if the cam isn't touching it will die same thing my bike did it was just a hair off that cam. I would bet money that is all it is.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first bike, you're going to love the 636!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts