Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys. my name is obviously david and i just purchased a 07 zx10r. i have only been on a bike for 2 months now and my previous bike was a 07 zx6r. that thing got boring really fast, my buddy let me drive his 10, and i had to have one so i went and traded the 6r for the 10r and im IMPRESSED.

i generally come from a car oriented background and just recently got into the whole bike thing. i love my DSM's and wouldnt trade neither of them in for the world.
here are some pics

and here is the 6r right before i traded her in...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't mean to welcome you in a bad way, welcome aboard and congratulations on your new bike man but and I gotto say but, may be you should've stayed with that 6R a little while longer. I don't see how a 6 can get boring and 10 requires patience and understanding of bike physics in other words a lot of EXPERIENCE. I'm not gonna lecture you but I hope you stay safe on that bike and you get the opportunity to get the experience before something bad happens. I can't help but wonder if your buddy told you about the level of understanding required by Liter bikes or if he is the type that got tired of a 6 in a few months time too. Just be safe and good luck with your 10. You have joined the ranks of the distinguished and you will command respect if you know how to handle that bike the way it needs to be handled. Welcome again.

·
Registered
236 Posts
:respect the throttle is all you need to do..........welcome and be safe:smile

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the comments. im pretty sure ill be okay. the 600 did get old and it got old FAST. I guess you would have to ride a 07 zx6r to understand...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Welcome David. I just purchased an 07' ZX-6R and I can understand what your talking about. If I was an experienced rider I would have gone with the 10 also. Be safe...

·
Registered
236 Posts
IMO, go with what you feel is right. I went from the ex250 to the
10r :crazyloco
LOL i dont think i would have said ex250 maybe a ex500r :crazyloco

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yes, welcome David and enjoy your ride!!!!

On the matter of 6R getting bored, well, if you are the street drag and straight-line speed junky type, for sure! BUT if you like riding the twisties, NOTHING but NOTHING will stay with the 6R!!!!!!! I have had my '07 6R now for 3 months and done 4000km (2500miles) and enjoy every minute on it. I ride with my son on his 10R and most other friends have 1000's. They do leave me a little behind on the long runs, but so what?? I might get there a minute or two later, but enjoy it just as much. But when we hit the tight twisties, none of them can stay with me.

So the question is:- What do you enjoy more? Straight-line speed and acceleration or handling through the twisties??

For me, twisties are king!!! Only my opinion though! Biking is biking and as long as you enjoy it and keep it safe!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well my opinion is, a liter bike is not meant for inexperienced riders. Of course there is exceptions but I don't understand the idea of a 6 getting boring. I have switched bikes with guys who said 6 is too slow and when they were on my 1000 I smoked them and that was enough for them to realize that they just weren't pushing that 6. Top end on a 1000 is what? around 180 and some change? The 6 I rode was pushing low 170s, so even on a straightaway, unless you run that straight for a long long time without slowing down, the difference is measurable by seconds or may be a minute. Before anybody says the 6 is boring and slow they should do a couple track days. If they still think it's boring, all power to them, get the 1000 but after a couple months of total riding experience with no track, no professional training on a 6 I believe its just overreaching and taking a chance to get a liter bike.
I have seen what too strong a bike with too new a rider can do. They could may be still riding today and may be a 6 would have been more forgiving and helping in doing that.
Keep it safe out there.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I guess its riding preference but me personally I love 6's just because I'm not a wheelie popper(know how to but seen 2 many hurt) and those things have almost no weight which makes them effortless to toss around. Just my 2 Pennies:-,

·
Registered
16 Posts
I came from dsm's too....(98 GS-T 92 GVR4)

Anyways this is my second month EVER riding, and I started out/have a 6R. People sad that was too much of a bike etc. etc.

Just respect it... Be safe... And you'll be just fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well my opinion is, a liter bike is not meant for inexperienced riders. Of course there is exceptions but I don't understand the idea of a 6 getting boring. I have switched bikes with guys who said 6 is too slow and when they were on my 1000 I smoked them and that was enough for them to realize that they just weren't pushing that 6. Top end on a 1000 is what? around 180 and some change? The 6 I rode was pushing low 170s, so even on a straightaway, unless you run that straight for a long long time without slowing down, the difference is measurable by seconds or may be a minute. Before anybody says the 6 is boring and slow they should do a couple track days. If they still think it's boring, all power to them, get the 1000 but after a couple months of total riding experience with no track, no professional training on a 6 I believe its just overreaching and taking a chance to get a liter bike.
I have seen what too strong a bike with too new a rider can do. They could may be still riding today and may be a 6 would have been more forgiving and helping in doing that.
Keep it safe out there.
Couldn't agree more. the emphasis on how "FAST" the 6r got boring does kind of worry me. I don't understand how an 07 6r could get
THAT boring THAT fast. It's a 10 second bike. Just be safe. Seen too many people get hurt and die doing stupid shit on bikes that are too big for their experience level.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i had a 600 for 6 years and i never even got close to boored. just made alot of money and wanted the best lol.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
nice bike David, i have the same exhaust, its bad to the bone

·
Registered
288 Posts
welcome...and if you really wanted a fast bike you should have got a black one. just mho. enjoy it, respect it, and ride with in your limits no matter who your riding with and you should be fine......:smile

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice bike! I wasn't riding very long before I upgraded from a XJ650 to what I have now which is a ZX-11....Just respect the thunder!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts