Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, thought id do my first thread and introduce myself.....Ive been reading your forums for the past few weeks after i got ZX6R. This forum has been very useful, with loads of info THANKS.
Anyhow i just picked up a 01' ZX6R, has 8k on it, full Carbon Yoshi TRS exhaust, Pilot Powers on both wheels, some flush mounts, fender eliminator, LED tailights that circle around/dance, yellow neons on front and rear, and some frame sliders so far. This bike has been a blast the last couple weeks and feels great. Ive spent most of my time riding quads, and dirt bikes, then took my bro's bike for a spin a few days, and became Hooked, and had to get one!!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Nice bike..... I have an all blue '01 ZX6R.... It's been a great bike... I just added the Micron pipe and LSL frame sliders. The tank bag is for longer rides..... I also have a Scorpio alarm coming tomorrow which I will install this weekend. I love the matching wheels!!!!!!!:crazyloco Does your bike have a jet kit????

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks, You bike is Sweet, reminds me of my bros ZX9, As for the jet kit, it does have one, although i dont know the size. I just know when the exhaust and filter went on, it was jetted. Is the tank bag easier then a backpack? I work 35 min from my house each way and will be taking a backpack often.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I hate backpacks when I'm riding..... the bag is an ICON bag and it turns into a backpack when I get somewhere. It doesn't bother me when I'm riding either.

I forget the model but i think they only make 2 bags... I've never tried the helmet holder... I'm too scared of dropping my helmet.

·
Registered
785 Posts
WOOHOO!!
Sweet ride, black_gray!
Great choice of bike.

"...and became Hooked"??
Oh no,no,no.
It's in ya blood now!:crazyloco
You are more than "hooked":crackup

Welcome out, Bro.
You have a very clean bike with some great mods.:clap
Be careful on that thing.
Ive got an 01 also and LOVE IT!

Hay, TMP
I like that tank bag/backpack.
Just what Ive been looking for.
If you remember the model,
give me a shout. Thanks.

·
Registered
649 Posts
It's the ICON - Urban Tank Bag ..... it's around 100 bux. I love mine, I'll never wear a backpack when I ride again.

·
Registered
138 Posts
nice ride dood! welcome to the forums! i wonder why kawi never did that color in a solid for the new year models? i think that color would look great, well... after the green of course :crackup

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone.............but now i need some serious input.....2 days after i took these pics, i dumped my bike on my way to work on the highway, luckily all i came out with was some serious road rash on my left leg.....as for the bike.....the tail and front fairings got busted, one of my pegs broke, the shifter and bracket broke off, tailight, and a mirror...I havent had a chance to really look over the bike as i can barely walk right now, but where would be a good place to start at in terms of looking for these parts
?
Thanks

·
Registered
785 Posts
Wow!
Dude, Im so sorry to hear about your ride!

On the HIGHWAY! Thank God you came out of it with only
some road rash.
What happened?
Are you going to heal up ok?

As far as some new plastics, Id hit up e-bay.
The other day, body parts for our bike were all over e-bay.
Most of it was even factory painted.

Keep us posted Bro. and heal up soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey man i wrecked my 01 zx6r 3 yrs ago and just got it all back together two days ago and took it for a test run around the neighborhood. but i had to have my frame straitened out and get that upper fairing replaced as well as both side fairings. i looked up local bike salvage yards and made 2 or 3 calls and found someone with a whole set of plastics for it for 500! i talked him down to 450, but if i wrecked again i would definately go the same route again. i'm just paranoid with e-bay and not getting what you think your gonna get. with salvage yards you can look and hold b4 you buy, but good luck man, and try not to take as long as i did to get yours back on the road! heal up man.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Welcome and glad to have ya! Sorry to hear bout your crash bro, that is a rock steady machine and I really like the color.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Guys, so far i got some things done....replaced my tail light, found the rear fairing used but in good shape, and have my forks ready to be worked on in the next few days....Oil leak. I got my left gear set bracket as well....the passenger brackets are going to have to wait.
I guess the only thing i need is the front fairing and windshield...everything else seems solid. I just cant see how all the damage was on the front and rear of the bike.....there is not a single scratch on the side fairings at all...

Finally almost 2 weeks later i was able to bend my leg enough to sit on the bike and shift, so I jumped on the bike today took it around the block a few times to see if anything else was noticable...so far so good.
My bro picked up a 06 636 today so hopefully ill get mine on the road again by next weekend. Being layed up for a few weeks has really got me wanting to ride again.
Thanks All

1 - 14 of 14 Posts