Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need as much help as I can get here. Just bought a 2000 ZX7R and it needs a new clutch. I picked up THIS CLUCTH ASSEMBLY

Hoping that its what I need...I was told I could buy the above and just replace the whole assembly without tearing it all down.

I need some guidance, never done this before and haven't found a write up of any kind online. I will get the service manual with the bike, but would like to do some reading ahead of time, I pick the bike up on Friday.

Thanks in advance!!!

BTW, heres a couple of pics to make it worth the read ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just looked and couldent find anything. Im pretty surprised that I cant. I would say once you get it read the manual pretty carefully and follow it step by step, it should be pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ok one question, whats with the chain around the bike? lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, well I got the plates replaced and the same problem is there. I think it needs to be adjusted, but I am clueless on how to do this. Can anyone offer sme advice here?

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK, well I got the plates replaced and the same problem is there. I think it needs to be adjusted, but I am clueless on how to do this. Can anyone offer sme advice here?

You don't mention what the problem is - Most likely you can fix it by tightening/slackening the clutch wire, with the screw/tightening bolt on the handle :)

·
Registered
990 Posts
More info....

Is it hydraulic clutch operation on the 7R, pretty sure it is.

Is the clutch not releasing properly, slipping, dragging, please advise?

As moonlit asked, if you tell us what the problem is we can help better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts