Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, first post here in your great forum. i have viewed for about a month and finally decided to join today because i can't seem to find the problem in all the threads that i am having with my bike.

for starters i have a 07 500R...my bike started acting up about a month ago, but it went away. so i kind of let it go and waited for it to come back. well it came back and added more problems it seems. this past saturday i went for a little ride for about an hour, came home no problems. decided i would put the bike back in the garage cause it was getting cold and didnt want to ride. so i started it, rode it to half way down the block and got off of it to talk to a neighbor and coolant just went everywhere. quickly got the bike home and parked it. bike was no longer leaking coolant and i couldnt find where it came from.

so today i had time to look at it and play with it, started the bike up in Nuetral no problems. tried putting it i 1st, it dies immediately. look at my overflow tank and it was dry. filled it with water to the cold line. cranked the bike again, let it warm up until regular operating temp, put it in first and it died immediately. tried to crank the bike in 1st, no go wont start. put it back in Nuetral, cranked right up. let the bike run for about 5 more minutes then coolant leaked out everywhere under the bike again. found that it is leaking from the hose coming off of the coolant tank.

any ideas what the problem is and how to fix it?

thanks in advance for any and all help

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update...okay i figured out why my bike was cutting off while i was putting it in 1st. for some reason while i was trouble shooting i was doing it with the kick stand down. so i knew better than that but for some reason i was thinking of that. but my problem still persist that my bike while sitting idling for 30 to 45 minutes will spit coolant out of the small hose coming off the coolant tank. any ideas why this happens and if it is suppose to happen

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
if its spitting coolant, the coolant may be no good. do a coolant flush. it may be getting too hot sitting still

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sounds like the coolants getting to hot, I generally don't leave my bike idling for very long because of this, if you're on the throttle then coolant is being circulated quickly, like when you're in motion. But with the bike idling there's a significant decrease of coolant circulating through the system. My advice is don't let it idle for that long. In Orange Park where I travel to sometimes there are VERY long lights. Often times I will shut the bike off while at some of those lights. That's on my 2006 500R

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dsixxer...i mechanic just told me the same thing. so thanks for that response and i will continue to ride it as is

1 - 8 of 8 Posts