Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the Kawasaki scene and I just picked up a 2006 636 and was just wondering what kind of common issues do these bike have. I have owned 2 CBR600RR back in the days and just now getting back on and riding again after 2 years. Here is a little history on the bike. Its a 06 636 with 9,500. It has a Yoshimura RS-5 slip-on that has been shorten 4" and a K&N air filter, besides that the bike is all stock from my knowledge.

·
Registered
194 Posts
It's beautiful. I had an 05 in Magma Red and I put 42,000 miles on it in the 14 months I had it. With regular maintenance I had no issues at all. I loved it, but when the new design came out in 09 I had to get it. I even got the blue one. Same color as yours, but shinny.

·
11,782 Posts
There's nothing that stands out as a "problem" with the 05-06 models. It's a bike like any other...some people have problems, most don't. It's a sweet ride. Congrats and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The only problem I know of with the 2006 is the same problem my '08 has,
there aren't any machine guns mounted to the front of it... yet :crazyloco

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
I have not had a single problem with my '06 yet and we bought it brand new back in '06. Just recently though, the brake fluid that was in the lines turned to sludge...tech guy said he hasn't ever seen anything like it though. Other than that, nothing at all. She's been a super bike all around! I had a Honda 250 and a CBR 600 F4i that I LOVED as well.

Enjoy the bike! She shouldn't let ya down! :smile

1 - 7 of 7 Posts