Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have bought a ZXR 750 H2 1990 model and joined this forum to get useful information and to read about other ZXR-owner’s bikes.

I haven’t had even a test ride on this bike, because of the time of year and some distance between me and the seller of the bike. And I am located in Finland. And no, we don’t have snow here yet, but very rainy and windy weather. So I’m going to get the ZXR home with a van, possibly do a short test ride at seller’s yard. Bike has 85000 km’s on the clock, so it should run fine. The seller told me that he has done a lot of maintenance or had it done in a workshop.
I’d like to know what to look for specificly in ZXR 750 H2? Is there any typical problems or faults to look for as a buyer? Normal motorcycle check-up like steering bearing or rear suspension linkage?
Starter clutch can be a problem, as in my ex-Triumph Tiger Steamer, but is there other things to look out for?

I am so thrilled to get this ZXR as I have always had a love for Kwackers since early 70’s in the days of Z900 introduction. I had KS125 and KH350 Mach II in the 70’s and much later KV1000.
My long lasting dream was to have Kawasaki-green sport bike like the Endurance racers and Road Racing Kawasakis of the 70’s and 80’s and later in Superbikes. The ZXR styling always appealed to me a lot as it reminds of the Endurance and Superbike looks.

As soon as I get the ZXR in my garage you will hear more about it.

Thanks for a great forum!

·
Registered
ZXR750H2
19 Posts
Hi Tom if you need any pointers or help finding parts just ask I'm a proud owner of mine for the past 24 years done a full nut and bolt rebuild about 5 years ago. Main problems with the ZXRs are the notorious hard back end a decent shock is a must. The swingarm and shock linkage always gets missed in the servicing, headstock bearing do get a bashing and front wheel bearing because alot of people do not control their wheelies and bugger the front wheel bearings. I have loads of photos of my rebuild if you need any help just ask bud - ride safe (y);) ps Check out mine in newbie hello section

1 - 2 of 2 Posts