Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SilverSurfer87 congrats. make sure to change your oil at 150mil. hhahha.
Are you serious 150ml ?
The service guy at the dealer siad to change the oil at 600mil's.
What do you guy's suggest?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congrats!! Enjoy that bike. I changed my bike's oil at 600 miles, but I didn't ride to terribly hard either. I agree about the sliders though! A good investment/insurance/

·
Registered
102 Posts
I hear a lot of things about changing oil and I know its to get the metal out of the engine . My service guy said change it around 6-700 miles and dont ride it hard but vary speed through the rev range which is what ive been doing ill probably bring it in next week for my first service. Like said I hear a lot of differnt things when it comes to this and im not saying they're wrong Im just giving my 2 cents from what i was told and the guys at the shop i go to are pretty good..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Everyone will tell you something different. I rode softly for 300 miles. Did an oil change, adjusted the chain, adjusted the clutch cable, and adjusted the throttle cables. Then slowly started taking it up higher into the revs, never accelerating too hard. With how much metal shavings I saw in the oil after 300 miles, I am thinking next new bike I'll do it sooner. These are all things they will do during the inital service at 600 miles except I think it's better to do something before then. I'm almost to 600 now and I'm scheduled for the initial service next week.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From what I've been hearing, I'm going to change the oil @ 150. better safe than sorry, i guess.
I just order my frame slider's & seat cowl. and berfore i order the Two Bro's exhaust, do's anyone have any other sugestion's maybe Muzzy or jarden ????
The Muzzy sounded great on my 04 636. but the so plain looking.
by the way i'm from Bergen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Akrapovik looks tits, sounds sweet, and adds the most acurate flow of any exhaust out for the price. If you wanna have the best, go with
leoVince.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yes, there are many different ideas how soon oil should be changed on a new engine and I am also a firm believer in rather sooner than later, although I rode both to 1000km (600miles) before the first change. I insisted on the old filters to cut open and in my case there was not excessive metal present. But if you can, change sooner.(150miles and again on 600miles)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Do yourself a favor , and order the upper cowl decal found only on the green 07` model. I ordered mine through my dealer for $25 bucks,it really brought out the front end on my red zx6r !xxx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats on the new bike , I too have a 07 ZX6R, in green ofcourse!
Oil change will be at 500 miles, I have 400miles now.
In the course of a 100 mile ride I will hit redline 5 or 6 times, but mostly keep it around 7 or 8 thousand rpms, after all you can't even stay up with interstate traffic much less than that rpm.
Several yrs ago I visited the Kawasali Motorcycle Factory in Japan, at the very end of the assembly line they took the bike to the Dyno and redlined every gear and held the top gear at Redline for 30 seconds.
If you have never Redlined a new bike , don't worry it has already been done for you.
When they say vary the rpm , that includes redline, just don't get carried away.
Just my two cents

1 - 20 of 35 Posts