Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. I have had my eye on the ZX14 since it came out, and I think I'm ready to take the plunge. Before someone asks, no this wouldn't be my first bike. I've been riding for 12 years, and have owned mutliple liter bikes. Had my share of track days too.

I may have an opportunity to pick up a 2008 with 16k miles for 6k or possibly slightly less if he is willing to negotiate. Valves haven't been done yet. Would you say this is a good deal, fair, or not at all?

I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds like it is in great shape. Metallic Blue Pearl. I was kind of hoping to pick up something with less miles, but I know I would pay more for a 2008. I've seen 2006 models with less miles for around that ball park. The price is in my comfort zone. What kind of things can i expect after 20k on these bikes?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I wouldn't worry bout the valves just yet. I've got 24k on mine, prolly do valves this winter.

Bump the rev limiter at least once every time I get it out. No issues so far.

Oil the chain and check the tire pressure, its that ez.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's quite a few high mileage 14 owners out there to support the durability of the 14.
Seems like a fair price. Tires?
You'll have to see it first to really see if the price is right.
Apparently it has new tires and fresh oil change.

·
Premium Member
13,201 Posts
6K ain't shit for miles on an '08. That's 1500 miles per year. I've done more than 1500 miles on a long weekend.

·
Premium Member
13,201 Posts
Wakeup hh! That was 16k miles. For $6k.
I paid 6K+ for my '07 last year with 20K on the clock.

And it had farkels, so that's still not a bad price. You may find one cheaper or with less miles, but averages are made up of extremes.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Over all 6k isn't a bad price in good shape . You should be able to talk him down a bit especially if you have cash in hand.

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
Sort of sad that a 14 can be bought for only $6k no matter what the miles.
Try and find any bike out there that will have the ride, the power, the reliability as a 14 for that kind of money.
the 2013 kawi 300 with ABS is listed for $5500.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Over all 6k isn't a bad price in good shape . You should be able to talk him down a bit especially if you have cash in hand.
Cash in hand of course. Here's the dillema. Another guy has a 2006 with like miles (3k less) and is willing to throw in new tires for 6k ish, in similar great shape. Would rather shoot for the 2008 with a little more miles, but open to opinions.

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
That's a tough one with miles
They made some motor changes in 2008 to cure the low end power problem. :lol
I can tell the diff between my 07 and my buddies 08 but as far as all around power, they're the same.
2006? 2 years older? Should be about $5k no matter the miles.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok. Well, I bit the bullet and took the plunge. Picked up the 2008 for $5500 with 16k on the clock. New Pilot Power Pros, new front brake pads. Cleaned her up, and she shines nice. So far I'm happy :smile

photo

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
congrats! it looks great and you got a great deal

1 - 20 of 31 Posts