Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I never wrote a "new owner" post, so here's a hello & a pic of my bike.

I'm 36, this is my 20th bike since I was 16. I've ridden in 25 states so far, mostly on my 6th gen VFR (best bike ever). Motorcycling is my absolute passion.

This 14 is the first inline 4 that i've owned since the 1986 GSXR 750 I owned in 1999. Other bikes I've owned include various early 80's jap bikes, a '94 Ducati 900ss, TL1000r, RC51 and my first bike was a 1971 Honda CB350.

I've wanted a ZX14 for years, and now that I have one, I plan on filling in some more states on my quest to eventually cover at least the entire continental US.

Thanks for looking!

Atgatt!!!

·
Premium Member
13,119 Posts
The 14 weighs about the same as the VFR and has half again as much bhp, so you're in for some giggles. Can't go wrong with atomic silver, either, is just seems to go with the 14's lines for some reason.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I chose silver for exactly that reason. The way the shades fall around the bodywork really emphasizes the shape and undoubtedly makes silver THE FASTEST COLOR for the ZX.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
nice bike bro, welcome to the 14 fam.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congrats on the ZX14. Its a perfect sports tourer:crazyloco
Just don go and fu.. it up with stretching it and shyt like that:nana

Re-welcome!
Looks great
Hope you don't ruin it with all the luggage and.......
oh snap!
nevermind.:angry
With the SW-Motech you will hardly see the brackets that the rack is atached to when the racks are removed, that only take about 30sec to do.

When i go for a 3 week long trip to Italy and Austiran alps this summer with som days for R&R along the Croatian coast the luggege comes very handy:lol
Streight roads are boring:lol
Stelvio Italy

Grossglockner Austria

Croatia

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd never stretch my bike, & I just returned it to stock height, as the previous owner had it slammed. No offense to those riders that like it that way, but it's definitely not for me.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I'd never stretch my bike, & I just returned it to stock height, as the previous owner had it slammed. No offense to those riders that like it that way, but it's definitely not for me.
Hey buddy did it have lowering links on it? Did you just adjust them up or replace with stock. FYI thanks for the side note on the stretching. Most people thinks its f's a bike up and it helped mine. But to each is own.

·
Panda Man
4,462 Posts
Congrats on the beautiful bike! Welcome to the forum! Also, I'm glad to see you all geared up too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey buddy did it have lowering links on it? Did you just adjust them up or replace with stock. FYI thanks for the side note on the stretching. Most people thinks its f's a bike up and it helped mine. But to each is own.
Yes, so I set them to the highest setting. I'm tall & I don't drag race, so I didn't need it lowered. Plus, I enjoy high lean angles, so stock height will certainly benefit me there. Also, it just looks better at stock height IMHO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts