Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was riding to work with a buddy that is about 13 years my junior and it appears that he is of the generation that will pass cars when a double yellow line is present...while I do not. Well, as I was braking, he accelerated and moved over and ran into my tail end at about 65 mph...i got a little tank slap/fishtail action and did the wrong thing...I tried to push on the grips to control it instead of letting go of the grips.
Well...by pushing...I actually ended up throttling up! This also made the fishtail worse...I decided to get of that bucking bronco at about 85 mph or so.

No worries...got a sore shoulder and ankle, two rash spots no bigger than a quarter, but my helmet and body armor jacket were toast...not to mention the bike was totaled where it hit a concrete wall.

So...in comes the 10R!

I will be sad to see my 7R go...she was a beauty.

The moral of the story: Don't let your GSXR buddies ride behind you...because we all know that Kawi lovers ride so much better!:nana
And, to make matters worse, up to about 90mph, the GREEN 7R was FASTER! no need to mention any names here (late apex and raized1199) :rotflmao jk

Old girl and...

...Big sis.

·
Registered
35 Posts
sorry about the zx7r and glad to hear that your ok. congrats with the new bike i'm still waiting for my 06 zx10r. i have it on order and i can't wait to go pick it up the end of this month. i have the same thing a 2001 7r n now well soon to have a 10r.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Glad to hear you're okay. Congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad you are okay man! How did the other rider do?
He ended up having some rash on his arms, but all in all, he was fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts