Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
It looks like a Honda VFR front and an R1 tail... I'm not widlly enthused if this is it. I bought the 10 because of it's curved features, and specifically because it avoided all sharp edges.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I can't wait for the new model. Whether it looks like this or like the impression of the ZX8R, I am going to get the new model when it comes out! If the current 1000cc bikes all stay the same, the new ZX10R is going to eat them for breakfast!

I think with the development of the new ZX6R, Kawasaki has really got their act together and they are definately on a mission!!

I have heard rumors that they are going to go back to the 04' spec engine with some new development and that should be good for at least 190hp!!!!

This is going to be a rocket!!!!

I just hope they fix the brake issue, as the current model's brakes are useless on the track. We have done a couple track days now and after 5/6 laps, the brakes fade so much that you have to pull off, even after having fitting braided hoses and racing pads!!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
for now, ill pass, i like the current one better, i gotta look at color schemes first.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I saw a pict of the Honda 1000 in a Japanese magazine called Young Machine. It looks pretty sweet. It's definitely above Suzuki and Yamaha. I love the current design of the ZX10 though way too much.

Dup, what's the problem with the brakes? I've never been to the track, but when I do, what do you suggest?

·
Registered
532 Posts
MrZX10, the current models (apparently not everyone) have a problem that the brake lever start to get very "mushy" when riding hard on the brakes for about 5 laps on a fairly tight circuit, you can pull the lever right up to the bar.
The guys here by us do a mod to the master cylinder at the lever, and they reckon that in most cases that solve the problem, although some have continued to experience this problem.
The only other alternative is to fit the NISSIN calipers from the ZX14. Apparently they fit 100% (About $250-300 each) (Brembo's $1000+)
We have just had our mod done to the master cylinder, and are going to do another trackday this sunday. Will let you know if the problem is solved.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MrZX10, the current models (apparently not everyone) have a problem that the brake lever start to get very "mushy" when riding hard on the brakes for about 5 laps on a fairly tight circuit, you can pull the lever right up to the bar.
The guys here by us do a mod to the master cylinder at the lever, and they reckon that in most cases that solve the problem, although some have continued to experience this problem.
The only other alternative is to fit the NISSIN calipers from the ZX14. Apparently they fit 100% (About $250-300 each) (Brembo's $1000+)
We have just had our mod done to the master cylinder, and are going to do another trackday this sunday. Will let you know if the problem is solved.
Just to add to this, apparently Kawasaki say that the percentage of bikes that suffer with brake fade does not meet thier requirements to authorise a recall.

Apparently all the new 1000cc bikes seem to have the same issues, so i am starting to think that its actually a problem with the parts as we know that most of them all getthe same stuff from the same companies.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Sorry to bring this back to brake fading, but that's happening with mine. When I first got it there was no play, and recently it's been getting worse. Not all the way to the bar, but I pull about an inch before I get any real pressure. I'm gonna have to bring mine in soon to get it looked at.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts