Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well i bought some of Meguiars new NXT Tech wax 2.0 to test out on the ZX10R.

I always used to use there quick wax. I would wash and dry the bike by hand and the use a terry cloth applicator to apply the quick wax. Let it dry and buff off like regular wax. Well today i used the new wax and i must say i am very pleased with the results!!

It was very easy to remove the wax, Like the bottle says "effortlessly remove wax" Hydrophobic formula is right! I tried to wash the wax off the applicator and just stuck or kind of floated in water. But man it left a fantastic shine and smells alright also. Here are some after shots.

Very nice experience with this product and i will keep using it.

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
looks good dude. i personally still like my turtle wax ice

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Oh no he didnt just drink a Redbull when he should be drinkin a Monster Energy!:angry

Jk

Looks good!.I use the Mothers polish,Mothers glaze then the Mothers wax Hence,the Mothers 3 step.And about once a week ill use Mothers quick wax detailer to maintain all that gloss.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts

I personally think Mothers and Meguiers are the best polish,glaze and wax products.Unless you wanna go super profession 3M products,witch is around $60 just for one small bottle of polish,glaze or wax

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
And yes i Armorall my tires (just the side walls very carefully by hand)+1

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
And yes i Armorall my tires (just the side walls very carefully by hand)+1
That stuff spreads as you ride it slowly works it's way into the rubber and outward. Go ahead....... ask me how I knew this.........in 1985 :scared

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Haha.Spray some on a rag,not soaken wet (unfortunately not soaken wet in this case:evil) haha.Gently wipe down the side wall+1

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
I personally think Mothers and Meguiers are the best polish,glaze and wax products.Unless you wanna go super profession 3M products,witch is around $60 just for one small bottle of polish,glaze or wax
I use Maguires as well but have heard good things about 3M products... Wonder what the difference is. I'd pay the extra cash if the result is better.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I've always used mothers, and the meguiers quick detailer in between actual waxings

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
waxes

Wax choice is like engine oil options but I found Zymol cleaner wax to the best stuff I ever tried.

ZYMOL!! That was the best you could get in the 90's. My friend had a 300zx twin turbo he use to slather that shit on!

Does anyone use an electric buffer? I have always worried i would burn the paint or damage the clear coat.

The little skulls are badass there eyes light up glow red. And the plate hanger is there just incase the coppers dont like my plate mounted next to the rear axel.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I got that tech wax 2.0 through work. Goes on easy enough, but seems too thin.

I use it on my helmet too.

Using a random orbital is easy mode. Buffing with a big ass buffer with like a 12" wheel takes effort and skill to not burn the shit out of it. I would practice on something that doesn't matter.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I used to use some synthetic stuff made by Slick 50 that really left an awesome 3 dimensionally, illusionally, reflectional depth to the paint. It worked miraculously on blacks and dark reds. It worked even better if you used it over the Meguiars yellow carnuba wax.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
I got that tech wax 2.0 through work. Goes on easy enough, but seems too thin.

I use it on my helmet too.

Using a random orbital is easy mode. Buffing with a big ass buffer with like a 12" wheel takes effort and skill to not burn the shit out of it. I would practice on something that doesn't matter.
+1 to all of that

I got a variable speed polisher few years back.Used it on the lowest speed to get used to it,then moved on up.The key is to never leave it in one area still spinning or ull burn through.Gotta have constant movement.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts