Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know there are a few problems with the halo systems with brights on and heating guns etc. but I found a new type of halo light. Here is the link... oh.. Can anyone tell me anything about them.. r they worth the money? Does anyone have this new type of halo? I'm thinking about getting them but I dunno if I have to take the thing apart in the oven or whatever. http://estore.websitepros.com/873942/-strse-282/KAWASAKI-ZX6R-07-dsh-08-CCFL/Detail.bok

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'd be wary of buying anything from anyone who can't properly spell what they're selling. "Cold Casod"? Erm...no.

There are several sets of these on EBay right now though (there always are actually).

·
Registered
138 Posts
one member here posted up pics of his halos, 10R. may want to check it out. i think he even did a small write up on it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was given some bad info. I think you do have to take apart the headlamp housing. Be careful though, someone told me he actually melted the housing trying to warm it up to separate it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
As i said look up swoosh black ZX10. He has the halos on his 10. In order to avoid meldown of your headlamp, i suggest you a hot gun or hot hair dryer to disassemble the lamp fixture. That way, you know how much heat to apply without melting of course...

As for me, i suggest you look for CCFL Halos coz it's made of glass. LED halos are made of plastics. The big difference in using CCFL halos is that it can withstand the headlamp heat eventhough highbeam is on. Unfortunately since my ride is a 14, they haven't made for it at the moment...damn...

Another wait is in order...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts