Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone my name is Tony. I just bought a red 07 ZX10 a couple weeks ago, before that I was on an 02 ZX6R. Im absolutely in LOVE with my 10 and am planning on keeping it for a long time.

My question is, what companies make a single side bolt on/slip on for the 07 ZX10. So far the only 2 I can find are Two Bros and Micron. I dont want a Two Bros cause I HATE their Carbon design and I want a carbon pipe.

Also, when you guys with aftermarket exhaust put them on have you had trouble with burning a passenger? Seems like it would be right on their leg with no heat shield.

Thanks to anyone who helps me out and I hope to stay here for a while and become a part of the community!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have Akrapovic bolt ons, but I stayed with the dual set up. The cans are carbon fiber and they never get hot enough to burn you. I thought the same thing when I got them...Where is the heat shields??? When I get off the bike after riding, I can put my hand on them and they are hot but not enough to burn you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
is it better to go with 2 or 1 canister for the exhaust. heard you can loose power going with 2. can harness more of the power if went down to one canister... what do you think?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
go with the 2, it will eliminate the burning problem. As for exhaust, i love 2 bros, i have the dual undertail exhaust. Sounds sexy as hell and loks awesome. JMO

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just ordered a pair of KR Tuned carbon fiber slip-ons, and I will be installing my PCIII this Sunday..:crazyloco

·
Registered
53 Posts
two bros duals look and sound great , if you go with single you might as well get a fuel management system at the same time . actually two bros will be makin one soon called the juice box. or you could go power commander . but if you dont wanna deal with tuning keep it duals. IMO.

·
Registered
443 Posts
is it better to go with 2 or 1 canister for the exhaust. heard you can loose power going with 2. can harness more of the power if went down to one canister... what do you think?
Where did you hear that going with 2 cannisters can cause power lost? I figured two pipes would get rid of a greater volume of exhaust gases thus improving engine performance. I guess a single pipe can compensate this by having a shorter overall exhaust system or greater volume pipe system.

But then two cannisters would add more weight... :headscratch :dunno

Any experts out there that can shed some light?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts