Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on this forum for awhile, I had a 08' ZX14 and 08' ZX10R. I have wanted a ZX7R since I got my first bike back in late 2000. I was at a dealership that carried Honda and Kawasaki and instantly fell in love with the 2000 ZX7R they had on the floor. The dealer talked me out of it and into a 2001 CBR600F4I. I found a mint condition 1999 ZX7R on ebay with only 1500 miles on it bone stock (except Kleen conversion, something about a brass tube and block off?). I am picking it up next Saturday. I paid 3,800 for it, is that a decent price? Item number is 261106964722, if anyone wants to look. Is there anything I should look or listen for besides the obvious? I cannot find any reviews on this bike anywhere on the web. Oh, he says he just put new irridium plugs in it, and had the carbs rebuilt recently? Why would a bike with only 1500 miles on it need the carbs rebuilt? Also he says he uses a purolator pure one car oil filter? Why wouldn't you use a K&N bike filter, isn't the valve pressure of the oil filter different? Thanks guys.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Hey I live in Bradenton so if you need anyone to work on the bike for you hit me up. I am getting to open up shop there in a week or two also. PM me for more details and I'll give you my number.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
BTW nice looking bike. Though I think $3800 was a little steep. Looks good though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet, I will deffinitly hit you up. I work for the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, and I am up at the Bradenton SCF campus every other week to help veteran students.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Awesome. Thanks for helping us out like that. I work at the taco bell on 41 and 60th. You know where Justin was murdered.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice looking bike. I just bought my 2000 ZX7R a little while ago. It had just under 2600 miles and needed the carbs rebuilt and cleaned (The original owner cleaned them but did a very poor job) when I got it. I paid $2600 for mine but it needed a bit of work, still messing with the brakes. I live in Sarasota too and am up at the SCF campus three mornings a week. We have the makings of a local ZX7 club :smile

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hehehe, it was probably your bike that I seen that put me on the prowl for one. I always ride on Sunday mornings; I go out into the groves in arcadia and up to brownsville rd out at zolfo springs (cr761). Some nice curvy roads with long sweepers, tight 90's and no houses. There is one cop for the hole area, and he never bothers us. There is a church on a road near by, he sits there and directs traffic in and out of the church. We plan it so when we ride he is tied up there (we go slow by), and come back when he is there letting church out. Gotta love the stix! Roads are well paved too. I am mainly out of the SCF campus in venice, but I make it up to bradenton every other week. Pm me if you ever want to ride. I don't ride crazy (we ride fast, but within our means, we dont push riders to their limit or past), and our group is organized. Jacket, gloves, helmet, riding boots (some type of foot/ankle protection), and riding pants/jeans, are mandatory to ride no matter how hot it gets though.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Well you can add at least 4 more 7's to the group. I just landed 8 of them and most are sold now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hehehe, it was probably your bike that I seen that put me on the prowl for one. I always ride on Sunday mornings; I go out into the groves in arcadia and up to brownsville rd out at zolfo springs (cr761). Some nice curvy roads with long sweepers, tight 90's and no houses. There is one cop for the hole area, and he never bothers us. There is a church on a road near by, he sits there and directs traffic in and out of the church. We plan it so when we ride he is tied up there (we go slow by), and come back when he is there letting church out. Gotta love the stix! Roads are well paved too. I am mainly out of the SCF campus in venice, but I make it up to bradenton every other week. Pm me if you ever want to ride. I don't ride crazy (we ride fast, but within our means, we dont push riders to their limit or past), and our group is organized. Jacket, gloves, helmet, riding boots (some type of foot/ankle protection), and riding pants/jeans, are mandatory to ride no matter how hot it gets though.
That sounds like fun. I don't get much time to go riding these days but I would like to make time for that, especially since it sounds like your group is well organized. My riding skills have rusted a bit as I've gotten older and never quite fully regained my nerve after the last time I had a bike totaled by an octogenarian in an oldsmobile.

Well you can add at least 4 more 7's to the group. I just landed 8 of them and most are sold now.
Nice, Congrats on preselling most of your haul! I read about that in your "build" thread.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Now if I can just get the bikes here to start working on them but ******!!! has gone dark on us.. So I just have to wait.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got it!!

Yes, got it last night! Went over the bike today, the only thing i found is that the front right fork seal is leaking oil. Only in the front of the fork, not in the back. Bike fires right up, sounds great, and only has 1,380 miles on it. It has dunlop d204's on it, he said they are not the original tires but, I don't know. D204's are old are they not? There is no signs of rot/cracking what so ever. I will not trust these tires for spirited riding, but what about commuting? Gotta save up for some Q2's. The bike is showroom condition, with just one scratch. Where can I find touch up 99' kawi green paint? I have some carbon fiber frame sliders with the ZX7R logo on them still in the packaging as well as carbon fiber mirrors and flush mount turn signals, all new in packaging if anyone is interested. I am gonna drain the tank and spray some b12 chemtool carb cleaner in the carbs for good measure. Anyone know where I can order a fuel filter from? Christikitty, pm me if you can, I am interested in having you go over the bike from top to bottom and need the fork seals replaced and so on. Thanks! I want to post up pics if someone can tell me how.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts