Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys, I currently have a 06 Ninja 650r been thinking about trading it in for something bigger and better. I love the 650r but I went by the dealership today and oh my gosh. I fell in love with the 6r and I have been at home researching about it ever since. I can't decide if I like the black or red one better, probably black. But just wanted to introduce myself and i'll more then likely be going back next week for the trade-in. Any body else out there transition from the 650r to the 6r? If so, anythng to say?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Depends on your riding style and needs. These are two different beasts. I had my 650R for one month. It was a nice bike but wasn't the bike for me, so I traded it on the new '07 zx6r. Never looked back. Best bike I have owned. Totally different ride though... The 650 is more upright and comfy with a differnt power delivery from the parralel twin. The zx6r is a true super-sport and behaves like one. While I'm able to to do 200-300 mile rides fairly comfortably, no doubt the 650r is better suited for that. I also commute with my zx6r, and again, it's certainly fine for doing so, but the 650r was more comfy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just traded my black 650r in on Saturday for a Black 07 zx6r. I know exactly what you are going thru with the color choice except for me it was the green or black. I think the black looks stealthy being it has black panels, frame, and wheels. One major thing you will notice with the zx6r is that it is so so so much smoother then the 650r. I couldnt believe it riding it home. I was a little unsure if I wanted to trade but after doing so I am so glad I did. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts