Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all who remain tried and true ZX9Rsters. I've been gone for a year or so, having foolishly let a beautiful 2000 RZX9R slip out of my stable (as well as TWO ZX11s, a 94 and a 98 model!). In the interim I redeveloped a a healthy respect for the ZX9R, since the subsequent Kawas are all more or less evolved from it (read: just more power, mainly), as heirs to the immortal GPZ900, made famous by Tom Cruise in TOPGUN. Therefore, the ZX9R remains archetypal to me and I am perfectly happy with its "ZERO to INSANELY FAST in X seconds" performance (versus "ZERO to SEE GOD in X seconds" of the ZX14). At any rate, having gone through a whole slew of sportsbikes (including Yammie several XJ Yammies, an FZR1000, several Honda VFR800s, two Kawa ZX11s, the forementioned ZX9R and one or two other machines), I find the two bikes that bring the most 'happy' to my riding style are the 'Green Meanie' 2000 ZX9R and the 'Millenium yellow' Honda 2000 VFR800. My only regret is not having FI instead of carbs on the ZX9R, otherwise no complaints! Accordingly, Oh frabjus day, caloo-calay ,I chortle in my joy (when riding either of those two)!

I think one of the reasons, by the way and in answer to another ZX90R'er who asked "Where are all the ZX9Rs here?", why there's so little chit-chat in the ZX9R forum is because a number of ZX9R owners 'graduated' to more recent (read: BIGGER, more powerful) Kawa iterations; that and the fact that too many ZX9R'ers didn't take the machine seriously to begin with and rode the sh*t out of theirs, prematurely (read: trashed them out). Sad, sad!

Anyway, I'll haunt this forum in a peripheral sense and keep my eyes open for any discussions and/or issues that arise among those faithful of us who stick by our old 9Rs. Glad to be back! [PS: My first ZX9R was a 2000 model; my most recent one is a 1998 model, both 'screaming meanie green', of course!] The 2000 (named 'Kwickasfuki') is below.

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

· Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
5,169 Posts
G'day all who remain tried and true ZX9Rsters. I've been gone for a year or so, having foolishly let a beautiful 2000 RZX9R slip out of my stable (as well as TWO ZX11s, a 94 and a 98 model!). In the interim I redeveloped a a healthy respect for the ZX9R, since the subsequent Kawas are all more or less evolved from it (read: just more power, mainly), as heirs to the immortal GPZ900, made famous by Tom Cruise in TOPGUN. Therefore, the ZX9R remains archetypal to me and I am perfectly happy with its "ZERO to INSANELY FAST in X seconds" performance (versus "ZERO to SEE GOD in X seconds" of the ZX14). At any rate, having gone through a whole slew of sportsbikes (including Yammie several XJ Yammies, an FZR1000, several Honda VFR800s, two Kawa ZX11s, the forementioned ZX9R and one or two other machines), I find the two bikes that bring the most 'happy' to my riding style are the 'Green Meanie' 2000 ZX9R and the 'Millenium yellow' Honda 2000 VFR800. My only regret is not having FI instead of carbs on the ZX9R, otherwise no complaints! Accordingly, Oh frabjus day, caloo-calay ,I chortle in my joy (when riding either of those two)!

I think one of the reasons, by the way and in answer to another ZX90R'er who asked "Where are all the ZX9Rs here?", why there's so little chit-chat in the ZX9R forum is because a number of ZX9R owners 'graduated' to more recent (read: BIGGER, more powerful) Kawa iterations; that and the fact that too many ZX9R'ers didn't take the machine seriously to begin with and rode the sh*t out of theirs, prematurely (read: trashed them out). Sad, sad!

Anyway, I'll haunt this forum in a peripheral sense and keep my eyes open for any discussions and/or issues that arise among those faithful of us who stick by our old 9Rs. Glad to be back! [PS: My first ZX9R was a 2000 model; my most recent one is a 1998 model, both 'screaming meanie green', of course!] The 2000 (named 'Kwickasfuki') is below.

View attachment 23281
Welcome to the forums!

I think the zx9 is/was Kawasaki's best little secret. Ergos aren't too harsh, has plenty of power and lots of smiles per mile. I just assumed that I don't see a lot of zx9 is because people are holding onto them.

· Registered
36 Posts

View attachment 23281
To be honest, I haven't seen any ZX9Rs on Craigslist or Facebook market place or even in person. I don't have a true ZX9, but I was given a 1995 ZX7/9R so I guess you can say the "imposter" bike lol. I am ready to be back on the road with my fellow riders. Welcome back to the madness!

· Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
5,169 Posts
To be honest, I haven't seen any ZX9Rs on Craigslist or Facebook market place or even in person. I don't have a true ZX9, but I was given a 1995 ZX7/9R so I guess you can say the "imposter" bike lol. I am ready to be back on the road with my fellow riders. Welcome back to the madness!
Well, there are some ZX9Rs for sale on FB marketplace. They're either Junk or slightly overpriced IMO. E/F models are more common when they do get listed. B/C models are less common. At least in my area +500mi. The running bikes are usually starting at 4k+

1 - 6 of 6 Posts