Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello. I've always been a Kawi guy. I race offroad and now I'm roadracing too. Last season I raced a '06 CBR600RR, but over the winter I bought a wrecked '98 ZX6R, and I'm building it into a racebike.

I modified '04 Race bodywork to fit, that required moving the radiator up and back, cutting and refiberglassing the upper, and chopping the subframe for the new tail. I needed an exhaust, so I modified the stock header to accept the silencer off of an '04 Kx 250F. Due to the drastic difference in size and placement of the exhaust can, I had to modify the left passenger peg mount, and move it to the right side for use as an exhaust hanger. I removed the old fender/battery box assembly and built a custom fiberglass battery box, and I am now working on final fitment of the bodywork, and figuring out wiring issues.

Anybody know how to do keyless ignition on a '98??? Also, I don't suppose anyone has a straight front wheel that will fit just laying around???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HMMM... well, I just found out that ram air is not just a marketing ploy... I was hoping that I would get enough airflow, but at higher speeds/rpm's, it's cutting out... Unless someone has an idea what else could be the problem, I guess, next I will be fabricating a fiberglass ram air system... Maybe I should have just bought '98 fairings...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow... glad I joined this forum... not only is everyone incredibly helpful... friendly too!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yes mate, welcome to the forum, and you should give us a little time to respond. Some of us are on the other side of the world and the time difference and a boss hanging over one's shoulder :angry sometimes make it a little difficult to respond within the hour!!!!!:rant

Only pulling your leg!!!:crackup

Keep on giving feedback on what you do, although some might not respond, a lot of people might read it and find it interesting. Keep it up!:crazyloco :smile

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
^^^ same here .... and welcome to the site

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hay Yardsale from Amarillo!
An Abilene shout back at ya!
I dont get to use an excuse of "other side of the world and the time difference":smile
I can throw a rock and almost hit ya as far as the World Wide Web goes.
Welcome out, Bro. you picked a good place to be.

I'd love ta see all the fab work youve done to that 98!
Sounds like a lot a work.

Keyless ignition? I cant help ya there. It'd be all trial n error for me.

Oh, and ram air is a real deal, as you found out.
You might look at some of the "Streetfighter" bikes or the "Rat" bikes to get a few
ideas on what they came up with running "neked".
Those guys come up with some wild stuff. Good luck.

Welcome out and make yourself at home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts