Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

2221 - 2238 of 2238 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got a decent zx-10 tomcat, so far ive put a high perf battery new plugs, clutchplates yet to be installed, cosmetic head gasket, clutch gaskit and ive stripped the fairings getting ready to prep for paint. Any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Another forum noob. Ditching the squid filled fb groups to not-so-active forums with a handy “search” feature for info.

My ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
And 188 posts already. Hm.

Lol didn’t realize I registered before. Apparently i registered years ago when I owned my first 10r

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings all. Been a die hard Harley guy my whole life......well 8 years ago I bought a Buell to tear apart and turn into a little rigid chopper. Long story short I really dug the bike and it's still in my garage unmolested, since then I've only had one "non-American" bike (a ax-14r) which I really didn't care for because I bought it already lowered and stretched and it was like riding an aircraft carrier. Anyway, Ive settled on a zx-10r ........seems to have plenty of speed for my needs and much better handling than the 14. So I'm here to browse and get some knowledge over the long cold Pennsylvania winter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, everyone!

I posted my introduction in the ZX-14 thread, but neglected to do so here.

On Friday (05 April), I took delivery of a 2018 ZX-14R ABS SE. My fiancée has already decided to name it "Deathwish". It's my first completely new bike after more than 20 years of riding and my second Kawi. The other was a '99 ZX-6R G2 that I sold a couple of years ago when I moved from the UK to Tampa Bay,Florida. The '14R now has a whopping 0.6 miles on the clock as I've been waiting for a new back protector to arrive. Once that's done, I'll get to breaking in the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Fred here. Coming up on my first anniversary with my zx10r, and so far other then the problems I'm having now has been great. I use to have a 2002 cbr929rr I sold it to buy this one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi my name is owen , i ride a 98 zx9r -c model
its had a few owners but seems to be in fair shape for her age

i recently did the fork seals and found the previous owner had wrapped chux wipe strips between the fork seal and dust cover ..... boggles the mind .

anyway there are bits and bobs id like to fix up on her to make her shine again
i plan on keeping this bike for as long as i can

iv got a few pics in my album if your interested .

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello howdy hi hiya how are you?

Thanks for reading, I'm happy to be part of another Kawasaki forum after so long. Seems like good stuff here; hopefully some vintage guys here too...

Welp, off to post in General so maybe I'l see ya'll there!

Much love

-J-

·
Registered
12 Posts
I finally got a sport bike after so many years of wanting a ninja I got a 95 zx7, i am the 3rd owner the first owner owned it for the most of its 35k miles, the engine has been maintained and looks to be recently gone through, it needs a lot o work but its a strong foundation, I plan on doing an efi conversion since the carbs are in ruff shape. I have a megasquirt 1 V3.0 in gonna run it on.

Sent from my A574BL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah Im really thinking about buying this 1990 zx10 from a neighbor, its been sitting for while but supposedly it runs and drives, needs front and rear tires as well as front turn signals and some dumbass decided to do a really crappy rattle can paint job on it. And I'm coming from a 2006 katana 600 so i know this is a step up for me. I'm 5'7 140. So i was curious about the rideability, common problems, things I should replace just to be safe, its got 15 k on the clock and looks like its never been laid over. Really really tempted, I offered 7 without hearing it run but I think I can get it for less. Any and all suggestions will be much appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. Just bought a '13 ZX-10R, excited to have my liter bike. It has 25k on it and the oil was like water ? when I dumped it to put some new Motul 7100 in it... But I'm hoping for the best. Runs well and I got a screaming deal I think.

I had an '04 R6 about 6 years ago, but it was a little small for me and this fits a bit better.

In the Denver area if anyone's local it would be great to get together.

There's a pic... Far from a glamour shot but I'm not going to stage it ?.

Attachments

2221 - 2238 of 2238 Posts