Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

2201 - 2220 of 2256 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

My name is Mike. I have a project 1992 zx600c that was a previous guys project. Bought it for $600 and has potential, but the biggest issue is the throttle doesn't snap back. I have replaced and lined the cable, but it feels like a weak or missing spring. I'm going to do some searching on the forum so I can bring this lump back to life.

·
Registered
13,361 Posts
Hey Mike! I have a friend named Mike, who recently bought a '97 zx600e as a project from another friend of mine who bought it as a project from me. The main issue with it was that the throttle didn't snap back. I find this all... interesting. Regardless: welcome and good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
isaac here need advice 1st gen headers for that sweet sound - am i on track?

guys/gals

been learning a lot on here - so first, thank you all.

so i have done the following to the first gen 05 c1h zx10r
- steering damper
- white power shock
- brembo brakes
- carbon bits
- akrapovic slip on
- bsd peterborough fueling remap which was the best 275 quid i've ever spent
and i'm just about to give the beauty her end of summer :( mods :)
i've the standard - winter reconditioning investment in chain, sprockets,tyres, oil and filter however i have a quandry

- as a result of reading the forums ALSO on the list are "disconnect butterfly exhaust valves, and add a servo bypass"
the quandary is: i'm searching not for more noise but a deeper / sweeter note on the exhaust
being frank my old zx9rb4 sounds better than the zx10r c1h

- the guys at bsd have said we'll trim her if she needs it post butterfly valve switch off for £45 an hour on the dyno, she made need the bottom end rev fueling tweaked, book us in if you need it.
however its that old sweet four deeper exhaust note i'm after
i'll let you know if the 1st mod does it as some are suggesting "go the full hog - gett the akrapovic headers too!"

Q1 will i need the additional cost of the headers?
Q2 will it get me the richer deeper tone?
Q3 if yes to Q1 and 2 has anyone got a set or a better suggestion on the quest?

best

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from Holland

My name is Barry and live in the Netherlands(holland) first bike Z1000 A1 1977 restored this one, drove it like i stole it :grin2:
So i sold it.....
Other bike's Yamaha RD 350 LC, Honda CB 400/4 also sold.

Bike's that are pressend, Honda CBR 600 F3 daily driver :nerd2:

Project Bike: ZX 1000 B 1989 (tomcat) Build to be a GPZ 900 R on steroids >:)

Hello from me and a happy new year :dblthumb2:

·
Administrator
58,541 Posts
My name is Barry and live in the Netherlands(holland) first bike Z1000 A1 1977 restored this one, drove it like i stole it :grin2:
So i sold it.....
Other bike's Yamaha RD 350 LC, Honda CB 400/4 also sold.

Bike's that are pressend, Honda CBR 600 F3 daily driver :nerd2:

Project Bike: ZX 1000 B 1989 (tomcat) Build to be a GPZ 900 R on steroids >:)

Hello from me and a happy new year :dblthumb2:
RD350! Nice
Welcome!:welcome2:
http://www.zxforums.com/forums/general-discussion/170626-where-do-you-start-your-ride.html

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Welcome.
Pics of that project?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Hi I’m an Aussie and new to the forum. I ride a P1 ZX7R and am building a ZX7RX. Cheers

We will be needing pics of this build. Hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Boy

Hi guy's new to the forum this is my second ZX750 I've built loved the first one so years later had to have another Minja 2 lives again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello - new to the forum - I have a 2013 ZX14R in November 2016; all stock. Just bought Brock's exhaust and a power commander that are enroute. What a great motorcycle! Hoping for even more gains! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Aaah looks like I was a little bit of a lack of the remembering to do things thing... so without further ado...

Greetings and Salad Dressings from Austria... the place without the Kangeroo's...

I suffer from Kawasaki Syndrome... had 3 ZX-6R's 2 ZZR600's over the years and currently own a ZX-12R 2003 model purchased her 3 years ago with 8300km's on the clock and currently she now has 25000Km's on the clock... 2 years ago I did a ride on her over the Stelvio pass not too much to write home about was full of Germans riding those awful BMW GS type things... and there's me on the 12R hooning it up with just a tailpack... I returned yesterday from a short ride to Leeds Northern England and Back to Vienna 1800km's each way with some riding around Northern England... more speed camera's than you could shake a stick at and then some more for those...

Here's to keeping it shiny side up and dirty side down... :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Newbie - Almost

Hi all, it looks like I will be purchasing a 1988 ZX10 this weekend. I found what I think is a really good deal on one. Can anyone with any experience give me any tips on what to look for? Any trouble areas? It's 30yo so I know it wont be perfect by any means. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jason

1964 Honda S90
1981 Delorean DMC-12
1996 Aprilia RS250
2004 Aprilia Tuono 1000R

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been riding for 6 years. Started on a Ninja 250 moved to a ZX7R then ZX9R now I bought a 2008 Zx10R this summer. Never felt the need to try a different manufacturer Kawasaki always delivers. The new ride is Green and Black (green meanie). Joined the forum because a FI bike seems infinitely more complicated than a carbureted one from before 2000. I enjoy the twisties and loathe straight roads. Looking forward to track days next year with my new dream machine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Back after a 30 years!

Hey all,
Back after the kids have grown up, I had an extensive canyon history from 1976 - 1986 until I was hit on the 101 in So. Cal going to work. Got back in dirt 12 years ago with Dual Sport riding on a 2007 KTM 450 EXC, also a 2006 KTM 950 Adventure, that I got in 2015 and that was the bike that fired up my desire to get back in the canyons, just this time there would be no racing, just enjoying the fact I'm still alive and can ride a bike! I actually get to SEE the canyon scenery now! I picked up an 2007 ZX14 with 40,200 miles in September for $2500, took it to the local shop and had them replace the tires and brakes. I put Michelin Road 5's on it with the suggestion of the service manager?
Now I'm 6'-2" at 225#, and 57. I put HeliBar Risers, and Knight Design lowering pegs. I was looking for info on "Paddocks", and "Spindles" for my ZX14, and if anyone knows a good place to look for used aftermarket seats and other parts that may be useful?

Thank you for the add, and the help!

Kevin

·
Registered
1 Posts
2000 Zx12, now a zx14 as well, figured I better get oriented with these forums to help with repairs, little tougher than my Honda’s, but both are worth it! Have a Repsol 1k, blackbird, and gsxr 750. Wife and kid argue over the cbr and 12, whole family rides:)

2201 - 2220 of 2256 Posts