Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm new to kawasaki bikes. Although I've ridden them in the past I never actually owned one till now. I just acquired a 97 ZX7R that is track bike and I can't wait to take it on the track. However, it does have a little problems but most likely I will post those problems on a separate thread under the right category.

Can anyone out there in the ZX7R forums tell me what this bike can do or more specifically, has anyone out there ever took their bike out on a track. Just wanted to find out if there is anything I should be aware of or be watching for or change on the bike to make it more suitable and enjoyable on the track.

Thanks in advance Guys! :crazyloco

·
Registered
19 Posts
there are alot of different things you can do, ram air mod, float bowl mod, emissions mod, suspension setup is important for better cornering, etc etc

·
Registered
24 Posts
yo, what's the deal with all the old thread revivals? Welcoming someone 8 years later? the dude's got 13 posts, he's probably not even around anymore.

·
6,797 Posts
By mentioning "New to Kawasaki", you did not mention your track experience.

If you have no track experience. do these first. In the beginning, work on yourself. Learn technique before adding toys. Get a good set of tires. Make sure the bike is in good tune, condition, etc. Go out and learn. There is nothing that creates bad habits more than getting to much of a bike to start with. As it stands, the ZX7R is a LOT of bike on the track. I would frankly recommend finding a Ninja 250 and do a few track days on it. Nothing will teach you better technique than being on an underpowered, nimble motorcycle.

If you have experience on the track, still, take her out as she is. Find out what you like and what you don't. Get a good baseline and move up from there. This is plenty of bike, that with the right rider can compete well with lighter, more powerful bikes. The suggestions above only improve the fun later.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Don't mean to be rude 57 but this guy probably don't have this bike anymore and probably won't see your advice. Although It's some damn good advice.

·
6,797 Posts
Crap. WTF is it lately with people bringin up dead threads????

:bash_skins:

Does school start again soon?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts