Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new to this forum. I would like to show everyone some pictures of my '99 ZX7R.
Its in really great condition, I am the third owner. It has 19,6XX miles on it.
I bought it at the end of last summer, really love it. Valves all adjusted new fluids, lowered 2.5 inches, new Pirelli tires.
Bike runs great, sounds great with the D&D pipe.

It does have a flat spot or a burble in the carbs at 4500 rpm. Not sure why that is? Any ideas, maybe a rejet?
Also had the bike sitting in the sun yesterday at a Memorial Day BBQ, I went to start it, choke on pressed the button and nothing..... Did that about 3-4 times then fired rite up like usual...any ideas of what that might be. Ran great on the way home about 50 mi, got home let it sit about 20 min. tried it again and no problem, fired rite up. I just don't have any idea why when I tried to leave, turned on the key I pressed the start button and there was nothing. My heart just about stopped. Anyway it did fire up, but I am concerned. Has anyone else experienced this? Please let me know.
Thanks for your help and let me know what you think of my '99 ZX7R.
-Brandon
:eek:hno

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
It does have a flat spot or a burble in the carbs at 4500 rpm. Not sure why that is? Any ideas, maybe a rejet?
Also had the bike sitting in the sun yesterday at a Memorial Day BBQ, I went to start it, choke on pressed the button and nothing..... Did that about 3-4 times then fired rite up like usual...any ideas of what that might be. Ran great on the way home about 50 mi, got home let it sit about 20 min. tried it again and no problem, fired rite up. I just don't have any idea why when I tried to leave, turned on the key I pressed the start button and there was nothing. My heart just about stopped. Anyway it did fire up, but I am concerned. Has anyone else experienced this? Please let me know.
Thanks for your help and let me know what you think of my '99 ZX7R.

Welcome!

I have experienced that problem you have. In my case it turned out to be loose throttle wires. There are these 2 wires near the throttle that are L shaped. Mine were loose and intermittently the bike would not start. Press them in and make sure they're tight.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Turbo329, I will look into the throttle wires and check that out. Thank you for some insite.

I will post more pictures in time and some great views/roads that we have here in Vermont that I ride.
I am originally from NJ & moved to Boca Raton FL to attend College @ Lynn University.
Moved to Vermont in '95 and now I have been in the automotive parts business for 15 years now. I work at a new car dealership in the parts department.
I have been luring around this site for awhile now before I joined and love reading everyone's post. Its a great site and thanks for having me!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
nice bike... fastest color is GREEN!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the compliments! I have to admit this is my first ZX7R. I have always had GSXR's but rode with friends that had ZX7R's and always wanted one. They just look so good and have a personality of thier own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts