Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, great forum.

I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction with a few problems I've been having with my 1999 zx 1100. First off, I get a slight hesitation taking off in first gear(and only in first), almost like a clutch slip, but not. second prob is if i let go of the bars i get a nasty vibration. and third is when I am in a wheelstand it leans to the left. those are my issues as of now, and any help would be greatly appreciated. The bike is stock except for a muzzy exhaust and jet kit done by mach 1. thanks again.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome...slight vibration could be from wheels not being balanced..and steering stem being loose...leaning to the left could be from rear wheel not being aligned...hesitation could be from dirty air filter

·
Registered
990 Posts
As Blackdog said + for the hesitation check valve clearances & then that the carbs are sychronised.

For the handling probs check for play in all suspension especially swinging arm pivot & also wheel bearings and make sure everything is greased properly & fork oil levels as spec.

Bringing the front down from a wheelstand (wheelies???) abruptly will kill off steering head bearings very quickly & is probably the cause of the headshake. Worst case scenario is you could crack the frame.

Wheel bearings will go in no time if the bike has been pressure washed at any time & the jet pointed at the wheel bearings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
re:

Thanks for the replies, will have suspension, balance, synchronization, and valve clearances checked. Both tires are new as well as the airfilter.thanks sgsin.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Welcome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts