Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to purchase a zx-10r special edition with the flame decals. The bike has 16,500 miles but is going for 3,999!! Is this a good deal or should I find something different?

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
Sounds low. Low retail is almost 6k,what is wrong with it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the dealership is having a "mechanics special" whatever that means...also it says it has minor cosmetic damage, a couple of dings or scratches at worst. I am planning on removing the flames and possibly repainting if it comes down to it for that price.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
this is it
This is it fail. At 16k it needs a valve job, did the mechanic do it? If not it is an expensive service to pay a dealership for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i would have to find out about the valve job. What does it usually run? I will keep on searching for now than!

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
Not sure, but I think I remember the 16k service being in the 700-900 dollar range at shop prices.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
Still a good deal depending on the shape of the plastics. Those are expensive to replace.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I will go and look at it in the next few days and see if it is worth it. Hopefully it is because this would be a steal! I will also look into the valve work and maybe find someone a little cheaper. Thanks for the info I had no clue about the 15k inspection you informed me about! I will post up what I decide on soon!

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
Good luck. it is a great bike if you get a good one. Probably will never sell mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was always into yamahas before. I owned a R6 before i really ever saw the zx's....something about them turned me right away and i am set on one now, i cant wait!:smile

·
Registered
383 Posts
I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the price of this bike.. there has to be something wrong with it for sure oooooor.. it is indeed your lucky day my friend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts